Under Scored Corps in 2010

Which I really don't get, they're playing the #### out of a very demanding book which just about everyone reviewing them has indicated.

I do agree with some others on here that there are some wide captions swings going on with several Corps this year. Some of this could be attributed to a host of legitimate reasons too. Corps are adding and changing things in the show on the fly, and some of it is just judge disagreement as well as performance level change fom show to show. Lot of variables here, imo.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston is a point plus behind were they were last year at this time. Also there show and technique are better this year.

Right now it seems that the percussion score is holding them back more than anything else IMO.

Which I really don't get, they're playing the #### out of a very demanding book which just about everyone reviewing them has indicated.

You make me laugh, and Im not even being negative. You are the "expert" in Brass, visual, guard, percussion, GE, etc......when it comes to Blue Stars, I applaud your love of your corps !! Hope they continue to have as great seasona nd climb back up that ladder ~!

G

In my very meaningless opinion,

Based on the video and scoring of Crown's show this year, I believe that RIGHT NOW it is under scored as a whole.

As in they should be slightly higher in every sub-category with maybe one or two current exceptions.

Obviously, they still have cleaning to do.

A lot of people on DCP seem to be counting them out for the title this year.

Watch out for them come Finals week! :tongue:

Edited by sax1210

You make me laugh, and Im not even being negative. You are the "expert" in Brass, visual, guard, percussion, GE, etc......when it comes to Blue Stars,

Some people on this forum have actually been around drum corps in several functions and for quite some time, making for rather well educated insights.

:tongue: to the Bozzman

Some people on this forum have actually been around drum corps in several functions and for quite some time, making for rather well educated insights.

:tongue: to the Bozzman

This is the first year my son is marching, PC Bari. I am completely lost in understanding the scoring. could some one explain? or is there some place to find a discussion of what the judges are looking at in each caption? I know I am a homer but Pacific Crest is being underscored.

This is the first year my son is marching, PC Bari. I am completely lost in understanding the scoring. could some one explain? or is there some place to find a discussion of what the judges are looking at in each caption? I know I am a homer but Pacific Crest is being underscored.

Yes they are