The truth.

What a joke this guy is. Your first point is absolutely incorrect and ignorant.

Your whole first "point" (and I put it in quotations because you never really had a point) has to do with judging. Albeit judging is certainly NOT rigged, I think fans and members of other corps have more than enough reason to complain about someone receiving a perfect score when, like you said, they clearly ticked the night they received it.

If the judges were judging smartly, they would not have boxed themselves in by giving Hurcs and MBI a 9.8 and 9.9 respectively before Buccs even touched the finals field knowing full-well that Reading was the better percussion section in prelims. That's just not smart judging. They boxed themselves in and because of it, had to give an inaccurate number.

If your "point" was anywhere near correct then the descriptions on the back of the sheets would say "in comparison to the other corps in competition" after every sentence. But they don't. A perfect score isn't relative to your competition, it's relative to being perfect!

I don't think it takes marching DCI to figure that one out...

You are right about judging boxing a corps in . It happens alot because of an overreaction to a corps early on. but a judge can also have a TOTE sheet so they can look at comparisions of other corps and what they may have given them and where the next fits in ( comparing )

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about judging boxing a corps in . It happens alot because of an overreaction to a corps early on. but a judge can also have a TOTE sheet so they can look at comparisions of other corps and what they may have given them and where the next fits in ( comparing )

Absolutely, but I guess my point is a judge should know better than to give someone a 9.6 when you still have the top 4 lines from prelims still yet to perform. Easy for me to say having never been a judge. And I know most judges "don't look" at the sheets from the night before, but still. Don't give someone a 9.3 if there are still 7 corps left to perform.

Remember... If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong. :tongue:

Love your emoticons!! :unsure:

As I mentioned, if anything ,he got the emoticons down pat...hahaha!! Other than that...meh!!!

Absolutely, but I guess my point is a judge should know better than to give someone a 9.6 when you still have the top 4 lines from prelims still yet to perform. Easy for me to say having never been a judge. And I know most judges "don't look" at the sheets from the night before, but still. Don't give someone a 9.3 if there are still 7 corps left to perform.

You are totally right a "good " judge should be prepared but it does happen. The initial emotion isn't always correct . But 1 thing. trust me judges DO look at other shows or the night before ive actually seen textes sent from another show..... I know I know ...lol

You are totally right a "good " judge should be prepared but it does happen. The initial emotion isn't always correct . But 1 thing. trust me judges DO look at other shows or the night before ive actually seen textes sent from another show..... I know I know ...lol

I should say thats probably more of a DCI and WGI thing moreso than DCA

Boy, aren't we fortunate to have a "prostitute with a college education" (or in words of another vernacular a f***ing know it all) in our midst.

Earl Weaver, the great baseball manager of the Baltimore Orioles BITD, once wrote a book titled, "It's What You Learn After You Know It All That Matters". So I suggest now that you know it all, you can start the learning process

I guess that I must be getting dumber as I get older because when I was younger, I knew everything there was to know about everthing. :unsure:

1)

I have a serious bone to pick with the entire DCP All-Age community that gets wrapped up in numbers. :fight:

I come from the land of DCI. Having never marched or been involved with DCA, aside from spectating after tour comes to a close and dropping in on a few pre-season rehearsals of 3 relatively local corps , there is something about the conduct on this forum bothers me... time to grow up! :thumbup:

Point of order No. 1:

Statement: Corps X blew a triplet roll, they should not have won percussion at Show Z !!!! The judging is rigged!!! DCA is ruined :devil:

Response: Has it occurred to you that you are not a judge in a respectable circuit regardless of the years of "experience" (in weekend marching band) that you gloat about in your signature? There is probably a reason for that. :blow: Can any of you honestly say that any DCA drumline has ever played a clean show by finals? If you can... you are lying, or you do not understand what clean is and should add "all of this experience has given me no credibility" to your signature. Reading was given a 20.0 at finals last year... the first complaint was't that they shouldn't have won, it was that they got a "perfect". In reality they ticked on finals night... just like every other drumline in the history of this activity be it DCI, DCA, or WGI. 20.0 means nothing aside from the fact that they were the best that night. The 20.0 was selected because they needed to give Reading an accurate spread over the percussion section in second place. EVEN MORE SO, the constant wining about mid season dirt as if every corps but the winner of said show was clean is down right immature. Maybe you seem to notice the dirt coming from Reading because the show grabs your attention that much more, or their record makes you more critical of them than the other corps. <just a little food for thought.

Point of order No. 2:

Statement: The Reading Buccaneers are ruining DCA!!!!!

Response: If anything, they have DCA figured out. Every single corps designs a program, has some sort of audition process, a method of rehearsal, and strives to max out their performance. <Can any of you "Experts" out there counter that argument? ... No you can't. Don't hate them for having a highly experienced and highly qualified design staff. In addition do not hate them for having a tech staff that knows how to teach and clean. Clearly there is a formula for rehearsal that allows them to stay ahead.

Point of order No. 3

Statment: Empire is cheese!!! :sadlike:

Response: The corps is passionate about performing, and they express it in a different way than the rest of the activity. Simply put, the vibe I get is: Enjoy every moment and make a memory... Scores will take care of themselves if we worry about ourselves. The Velvet Knights and Jersey Surf are two organizations that strike my mind as doing some things that aren't "kosher". The Bushwackers have done some unorthodox things as well. In short let them HYPE! their hatless uniforms, and crabbed cadence. :colgate:

Point of order No. 4:

Statement: Reading reworked a Jr. Corps Show!!!

Response: :tongue:

-The Reading Buccaneers' 2010 program is Rome... OMG they stole Phantom's 2008 show. DCA = Ruined. :tongue: Seriously, the shows are different aside from the Ballad.

:doh:

Time out. . .

-The Empire Statesmen's show is entitled Oz. Oz = The Wizard of Oz = The Grass is Always Greener. Watch Crown's 2009 show and you may see the connection (pending that you open your narrow minds) aside from the use of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

-MBI's show is Caravan. Can I get a Bluecoats 2005 anyone?!?! I mean they didn't even bother to change the title. Not only are they playing what I believe to be 2 of the same pieces as the 2005 Bluecoats, they are playing 2004 SCV and 2007? Boston Crusaders music.

Not a single individual on DCP has complained about The Empire Statesmen or MBI's act of unorigionality. Why? ... Because they aren't in first.

In reality, all of these shows have been done by a marching band first. :tongue:

Let's just get over it. :beer:

Remember... If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong. :lol:

1) blowing one triplet roll doesnt a drum trophy make or break. however yes, i can claim a DCA drumline has played clean by finals ( and before)...I've been in them and taught one.

but..please don't think just because some has a ton of years in their sig doesn't mean they aren't qualified.

2) i agree pretty much with the rest :tongue:

Some people are having way too much fun with multiple screen names. :tongue: :tongue: :colgate:

AMEN to that thought.

Anyone who believes this is a DCI newbie on the all age forum should beware folks selling bridges!

it can be tough by finals tho, because most corps are playing at their peak level. Also tho, just because the 8th place corps may be strong in percussion and you go 9.3/9.3, that doesn't mean the 7th place corps automatically gets a 9.4/9.4, even in DCI where you do kinda see that more often than in DCA.

perfect example...Alliance last year.