What beer goes best with drum corps?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free beer, ice cold, from Jack Bevin's cooler! :thumbdown:

and once again, no body gets it.

Necessary even.

It's proof that God loves us and want us to be happy.

Perhaps I should have said, Drunkenness... :tongue::shutup::thumbdown:

I see no need to drink something that could cause me to lose control of my body. In my opinion, you are not a responsible adult if you are still drinking alcohol like you were in high school and college. To each his own.

If we're talking about which kind of beer goes best with Drum Corps Planet, I think they key is quantity rather than quality. I need to be completely inebriated before many of the arguments here make any sense.

Logging on sober puts you at a severe disadvantage.

In my opinion, you are not a responsible adult if you are still drinking alcohol like you were in high school and college.

I missed that post...... Personally I have my one or two during Prelims with the second (or first) ending at least two hours before I have to drive back to the hotel. Then maybe a few more over the next few hours during the post show BS sessions.

LOL, bottles that get taken home usual sit in the fridge until they go flat....

You're not a responsible adult if you're doing ANYTHING like you did it in high school or college - and that includes lecturing to your peers about morality, as if you assume that they aren't intelligent, responsible people. :tongue:

(No offense, Cardman, but if you knew anything about beer, you'd recognize that the vast majority of the specific brews being discussed here are the types of beer that people drink because they care about quality rather than quantity.)

Edited by mobrien

You're not a responsible adult if you're doing ANYTHING like you did it in high school or college - and that includes lecturing to your peers about morality, as if you assume that they aren't intelligent, responsible people. :tongue:

Ironic as Hell as I attended my 35th HS reunion this past weekend.

Amazing how people come off their "high horses" as they get older.... fatter... balder... more grey/white... And mainly as they find out the great future they thought they would have didn't turn out any better than the people they put down......

And the beer was Yuengling Lager or Bud Light in about 8 oz plastic cups.....

(No offense, Cardman, but if you knew anything about beer, you'd recognize that the vast majority of the specific brews being discussed here are the types of beer that people drink because they care about quality rather than quantity.)

Quite true. I've been impressed at the obscure names I've encountered already, just wish there were easy ways to get some of these regional brews.

Quite true. I've been impressed at the obscure names I've encountered already, just wish there were easy ways to get some of these regional brews.

Is there a Binny's near you? They usually have a good supply of some of the better regional micros (the one by me has somewhere in the range of 120 different beers in stock).

Never heard of a Binny's but Kahn's has an excellent selection. They used to be up in Carmel, not far from my office, but moved to a location off Keystone, southeast of Broad Ripple.