Showdown in SA-Town

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2008, my Finals group (of whom a significant portion HATES BD) would have been completely fine if they had won. Until Phantom unveiled the final ending in Allentown, I was rooting for a BD victory.

And then Phantom maxed everything out on Saturday and won while BD just seemed to coast. They did the same thing in 2006, which was the next prevoius BD show that I loved.

BD had a lot of good will in the few years after Yowza-gate, but then they introduced a new formula after the Storytelling style became ascendent. Personally, I wish they would have learned another lesson from 2008 but BD will do what BD will do.

Again, being at the 2008 Finals night, nobody was cheering because BD lost. BD got a standing O and a huge reaction that night. The crowd was cheering because Phantom had them in the palms of their hands. Both corps were heavily appreciated that night.

I disagree. I was there and I was cheering because PR won and BD lost...sorry. I am not ashamed for feeling that way either.

In 2008, my Finals group (of whom a significant portion HATES BD) would have been completely fine if they had won. Until Phantom unveiled the final ending in Allentown, I was rooting for a BD victory.

And then Phantom maxed everything out on Saturday and won while BD just seemed to coast. They did the same thing in 2006, which was the next prevoius BD show that I loved.

BD had a lot of good will in the few years after Yowza-gate, but then they introduced a new formula after the Storytelling style became ascendent. Personally, I wish they would have learned another lesson from 2008 but BD will do what BD will do.

Why is this crap always being said? This weak assumption that a corps loses (in this case BD) lost because they "Coasted" is just ridiculous.

They worked as hard as they could, and performed to their ability that night. The result is the based on a that evenings panels opinion.

Are you telling me that if BD rehearsed any differently that day that the result would have changed? That result was happening either way.

An extra 5 hours of rehearsal would have changed nothing.

Ok, bout to head out to go the San Antonio Show Round 2. Won't be twittering as I have a suck ### phone, but I'll write a detailed review afterwards. Weather is a bit hotter than yesterday somewhere around the vicinity of 96- 97 degrees with a slight south breeze. Last night weather turned out perfect as a thunderstorm threatened to move in but blew apart and then gave a nice cool wind that cooled everything down by about 10-15 degrees. Probably won't be as lucky this evening, but it should be a clear night and a great one for drum corps. Spent this afternoon at Crown's rehearsal and can tell you they fixed the phase that had been plaguing them. There's a bit of new drill there that helps the horns lock in a bit better. Man Crown sounds unreal! Great show, look forward to seeing it tonight. Bye bye, will give details after the show!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Ah yes, the proverbial grammar and syntax correction. Always the big debate scorer...gotta do better than that KathyG!

Next time...just say "Oh yeah, says you!"

You're welcome!

Realizing the inadvisability of me sticking my nose in here, I'll do so anyway. :) I think you're missing the subtlety of Cathy G's response, which was snarky but pretty comical. (Or maybe I'm giving her too much credit.) You must admit that you're a bit ubiquitous with your policing of all things BD unfriendly, Plan9. You can see from my sig line that I don't get on DCP all that often, but even I see that. I thought it kind of funny that she bumped your unsolicited sheriffing back to you and turned it up a notch.

Ah, the allures of DCP! It does make me smile.

Alright dcp! In the stands, ready for this southwestern bloodbath!

go bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue shake things up tonight