Showdown in SA-Town

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boxingfred

1. Second half of Xmen show much better. 2 minutes ago via web

Crossmen. Wow, circle are gutsy since they're so hard to clean. I see bones!!!!! Nice Quasihometown support. Really cool opening drill move. Really nice full sound. Great guard design. Individual marching is a weaker aspect. Pit is pretty strong. They're pretty secure musically. Awesome crescendo in the ballad. They don't seem to be matching the trend of more advanced choreography, but the body stuff they do is pretty cool. Lots of backfield in this show, which is not my personal fav. Biggest concern is they need to clean individual marching. Pretty neat show.

Crossmen. Wow, circle are gutsy since they're so hard to clean. I see bones!!!!! Nice Quasihometown support. Really cool opening drill move. Really nice full sound. Great guard design. Individual marching is a weaker aspect. Pit is pretty strong. They're pretty secure musically. Awesome crescendo in the ballad. They don't seem to be matching the trend of more advanced choreography, but the body stuff they do is pretty cool. Lots of backfield in this show, which is not my personal fav. Biggest concern is they need to clean individual marching. Pretty neat show.

Great review...thanks :tongue:

My favorite bones appearance was at East the first year after they ripped out the backfield stands. Bones came up on a 40' platform lift from behind the back wall (complete with spots mounted on the lift). It was (wait for it) EPIC !!

If it was in 03 there may or may not be a video of it on a certain website...

boxingfred

1. Madison next! 2 minutes ago via web

2. Xmen rewritten ending more dynamic but a little dirty. 4 minutes ago via web

Bones better.

Bah humbug !!

How about a live radio-cast? A live audio feed could run quite well over a 3G connection !

I have it on good authority that the Judson stadium was not conducive to the broadband needed and the DCI crew has also been working at I & E the past two days.

I have been using the time tonight to catch up on a few of the shows I have not seen or haven't seen since early season. I also went back to watch the Gary Jules Mad World video on YT and I understand some of the drill/staging in Cavaliers' show better.

Another observation....this is a particularly great year for ballads! PR, Coats, Cavaliers and several others.

My favorite bones appearance was at East the first year after they ripped out the backfield stands. Bones came up on a 40' platform lift from behind the back wall (complete with spots mounted on the lift). It was (wait for it) EPIC !!

I've mentioned this previously somewhere else, but my favorite X-men show was in 1992 at Allentown when the did the show "Songs for the planet earth".

boxingfred Spirit will get slotted along with every other corps. Their big improvement will have little affect on the judges.

And that's the reason I'm NOT going to stay up late and wait to see what they think. (well, that and the fact that I have to be at work even earlier than those other guys, at 5 a.m. or 0500.) :tongue: