DCA's Weekend Off

Hurcs are enjoying a rehearsal weekend. :satisfied:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I knew that those two corps are in the Atlanta DCI regional..... no offense meant by me. By my OP, I meant contests on the DCA schedule.

:satisfied:

Yeah, because we all know that if it isn't a DCA show, the score is meaningless to Alliance and CV, right?

:blink:

Not to worry, Oh Great Hawaiian Shirted One - we knew what you meant.

of course, performing in the AIR CONDITIONED, ENVIRONMENTALLY CONTROLLED Georgia Dome Saturday, spend a few hours of quality drum corps time with thousands of fellow enthusiasts, then off to camp at the Senoia Furnace on Sunday.

:tongue:

Yeah, because we all know that if it isn't a DCA show, the score is meaningless to Alliance and CV, right?

:worthy:

Not to worry, Oh Great Hawaiian Shirted One - we knew what you meant.

of course, performing in the AIR CONDITIONED, ENVIRONMENTALLY CONTROLLED Georgia Dome Saturday, spend a few hours of quality drum corps time with thousands of fellow enthusiasts, then off to camp at the Senoia Furnace on Sunday.

:blink::wub::satisfied:

Fusion is having a camp weekend. Lots of things to clean and tweak.

OK.....

DCA's corps are taking this upcoming weekend off ( meaning no shows scheduled on July 31/August 1).

What ever happened to the season starting around Mem Day and going full speed ahead, right to Lab Day?

Corps doing some Sat/Sun shows along the way, no weekends off !!

Those were the Good Ol Days :tongue:

I'll be honest ~ I like the break. I think it provides people the ability to do something with their friends and families and that break means less burn-out and more member retention for the future. JMO.....

I agree. I know back when Westshore took off DCI weekend, while many of us went to DCI, it was still a nice break, and we came back all fired up to finish the season

Hey Fran, we plan to catch the Bucs in a parade in mifflinburg...........Will you be working Scranton :thumbup:

OK.....

DCA's corps are taking this upcoming weekend off ( meaning no shows scheduled on July 31/August 1).

Sooooooooo....

For those of us who otherwise might be performing in a show, working at a show, or watching a show.... what do you all have planned for this weekend?

Are some corps getting in some extra rehearsal time, and are others taking the weekend off entirely?

I'll go first. Even if there had been a show, the missus and I were most likely gonna be home anyway. So we have been planning to go to Naylor Vineyards just north of us in Stewartstown, PA, to see Baltimore's Blue Moon Big Band in concert Saturday night. :tongue:

After 3 straight weekends of shows that comprised our entire "California season", SoCal Dream took a much needed weekend off last weekend.

This weekend, we get back on the field for "season 2.0" and will make some tweaks based on feedback we received over the last month, and finish our show. We never really had the opportunity to put the complete closer on the field for the "California season", so we are looking forward to having it all done and cleaned for Labor day weekend and for our fans in the Northeast.

Kilties have a second straight rehearsal camp weekend scheduled. Last weekend we tweeked and cleaned the first half of the show, this next camp we'll concentrate on the second half of the show. We'll have the show at a whole new level for our home show weekend August 7 (Kiltie Klassic Invitational) and August 8 (Sound Explosion).