Jersey Surf's new uniform?

I heard that the Jersey Surf debuted a new uniform at the Warrentown, VA show a few days ago. I've been looking for pics everywhere and can't find a single one, even from the Boy Scouts parade. Does anyone have any that they can post here?

Edited by MetalTones2012

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted it's always diff. when in person & from the stands but I'm not exactly overly impressed, esp. as the surf logo looks much like an afterthought. However, I'm always a sucker for navy blue and white, just a lil bland for my taste but it's the corp that makes the uni anyway.

It looks alright. Its black or grey coat/bibber with a small logo on the left chest that looks like this... ( S )

White Shakos with very tall white frenchie plume, and the peace eagle as the emblem.

White cumberbund and drop without frill. Like Cadets 03-06.

And tons of silver buttons outlining the coat's trim which has a similar design to BD 07-09.

And simplified white shoulder macaroni.

All-in-all I think it looks rather bland.

I think their first look was the best (white with the cascading crests down the shoulder)

Posting it here so it's easier to find.

4829333542_359b8e8d5e_b.jpg

heh

put a line through the middle of that s logo and it looks like the finale logo.

Having seen these uniforms at their debut, they look really great on the field. When they were at the gate, I saw them and thought, wait I thought Jersey Surf was on next, but then I saw their guard and realized that they had new uniforms. They look good up close (I was at the boy scout parade and was in the corps line up two corps away) and from the stands.

From up top there is better definition to the marchers than what I saw of them earlier in the season with their old uniforms (I was sitting roughly in the same spot at both shows). They look taller and seem to fill up the field better than the previous uniforms. When I asked a Surf parent in the stands when they got the uniforms, they told me that they had finished the fittings just the day before (and some last touches the day of the show. While I did find the old uniforms iconic (you knew who it was as soon as you saw the front of the jacket), I think these just look cleaner.