Is 2010 turning out to be a good year?

Is 2010 turning out to be a good year?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Is 2010 turning out to be a good year?

• Yes
    • No
    • mediocre
    • to early to tell

<As I've said before, this season would be incredibly exciting if it weren't for the Blue Devils.>

Some of you people are SO funny! It's like when my kids want to tell me something I need to know, but they don't want some tirade coming their way. So they'll put a little preface before it...to make it so that it's completely benign. This is a unique new tool, invented by our young generation, to make like easier and more comfortable for all of us. So - they'll look at me and say something like:

"No offense, but it's really disgusting when you wake up in the morning and stand there with your robe open to make coffee. We can, like...you know...see you and all. It's...well, it's awful - and I don't know how you can live with yourself, being all...well...all over the place like that. If it was me, I'd go buy a gun and end everyone else's pain. But that's me. You...well - just don't let anyone see that kind of thing..."

I, naturally wondering what they're talking about...and with just a hint of ice in my voice ask for clarification...and receive in reply,

"Whoa! BACK THE F OFF...I SAID NO OFFENSE! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!"

That's you people - with your BD lines. It's pretty funny...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

<As I've said before, this season would be incredibly exciting if it weren't for the Blue Devils.>

Some of you people are SO funny! It's like when my kids want to tell me something I need to know, but they don't want some tirade coming their way. So they'll put a little preface before it...to make it so that it's completely benign. This is a unique new tool, invented by our young generation, to make like easier and more comfortable for all of us. So - they'll look at me and say something like:

"No offense, but it's really disgusting when you wake up in the morning and stand there with your robe open to make coffee. We can, like...you know...see you and all. It's...well, it's awful - and I don't know how you can live with yourself, being all...well...all over the place like that. If it was me, I'd go buy a gun and end everyone else's pain. But that's me. You...well - just don't let anyone see that kind of thing..."

I, naturally wondering what they're talking about...and with just a hint of ice in my voice ask for clarification...and receive in reply,

Be kind to your young children. Remember, they'll choose your nusing home.

A guy voices his opinion in the nicest way possible that he does not like BD's show and he gets chastised. I guess people shouldn't have opinions on here unless they love everybody.

A guy voices his opinion in the nicest way possible that he does not like BD's show and he gets chastised. I guess people shouldn't have opinions on here unless they love everybody.

Saying this is not nice at all, and a far cry from "the nicest way possible":

As I've said before, this season would be incredibly exciting if it weren't for the Blue Devils.

But yeah, people are allowed to have whatever opinions they want. I can at least respect people who don't tey to hide their hatred behind subterfuge.

But yeah, people are allowed to have whatever opinions they want. I can at least respect people who don't tey to hide their hatred behind subterfuge.

Yeah I guess you are right. Still think people are entitled to think and feel what they want about anyone's show though.

Yeah I guess you are right. Still think people are entitled to think and feel what they want about anyone's show though.

Of course they are. And I can see why people would say that BD's seeming dominance kills some of the excitement this year...but I think there are nicer ways to say it.

Also, I think a couple of corps will give BD a run for their money or beat them. Huge excitement forthcoming.

I agree that this year feels special. I've seen all but three (Blue Devils, SCV, Blue Knights) of the top 11's shows live and I really enjoy every one. I also like what I've seen on fannetwork of SCV and BK. As for Blue Devils, the fannetwork streams haven't clicked with me, but since I haven't seen it live (and won't get the chance, alas), I won't dismiss it till I see it in the cinema and Blu-Ray.

I think it's turning out to be a pretty deep year, but I think there has to be movement at the top for it to be a "classic" sort of season. But in evaluating whether or not to buy the DVD's, right now I like 10 of 12 shows, so that's a good year by my reckoning.

Mike

Of course they are. And I can see why people would say that BD's seeming dominance kills some of the excitement this year...but I think there are nicer ways to say it.

Also, I think a couple of corps will give BD a run for their money or beat them. Huge excitement forthcoming.

Agreed on all accounts

I'm real glad you actually took the time to read my whole post before making statements about me. Trust me, the reader's digest version of my posts will never give you the full message.

I enjoy BD's show. I'm a huge honk for visual, and they are doing some very amazing things with their visual program. They sound amazing too! I enjoy most things about the Blue Devils. One of my best friends marched there, and I have the utmost respect for the organization.

The question was "Is 2010 turning out to be a good year?". A good year to me is a year where placements flip flop all season, thus making it a truly competitive activity. Because the Blue Devils are dominating, this season is not very competitive for me (yes, I'm only talking about 1st place because that's the place I'm interested in predicting) and because of that I do not think 2010 is turning out to be a good year.

The next time you quote me or try to devise some deeper meaning to the words I've used, please take a moment to think back those critical thinking classes you probably slept through in school and put some general thought behind your analysis of me. Or continue to fail at argument and just not quote me. Either way, don't lump me in with the BD haters, because I will never be one.

Good luck in life buddy!