Cadets 2010 Vocals

I was out and missed the webcast tonight...can anyone fill me in on the changes in the Cadets show? This was one of my favorite shows about a month ago, becoming less so with changes that they made, but now with the vocals I think they've finally lost me. What are they exactly, and what part did they replace?

I thought finally after five years Hopkins would just once try to make the music stand on its own. Guess its back to having hope for next year as usual. Kind of sucks never being able to see a show from my favorite corps live that I've liked.

big section where it sounds like bullwinkle (or is it rocky?) starts saying something like "Hey Cadets, let's bust out some old school moves blah balh blah!!!!"

It would be better if it were the voice of Stewie, IMO.

Family-guy-stewie-griffin1.jpg

Also a clip of somebody (Jeffrey i suppose) saying nananana.

There's more, but I don't remember it.

I'm not one for vocals, but it was actually pretty cool. It was only about 10 seconds in a section where they weren't playing, and it fit perfectly. It was really not a big deal at all.

So I should probably withhold judgment. Seeing them on Thursday...I guess I'll make the call then. Which musical portion did this replace?

Is it just me or does this sound like 2002 all over again?

Cadets had a fine performance tonight. The horns are pretty aggressive. The drill is definitely coming together. The music book is very enjoyable. So still a perfectly entertaining show. They have more children's sounds in that section of the show. The big addition was a goofy voice giving drill commands "left face, right face" for a few moments in the closer. If those are a deal breaker for you - well, you can hope they take them back out!

Obviously none of us have judges tapes, but after reading some of what Hop has been said for the changes... I'd think that the design team would be trying to mature the show, not dumb it down more? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Also, wasn't there a big fuss about Hopkins clearly stating

no vocals in 2010" in May or April? Really bizarre. Also, if/when the Cadets don't win this year, it will be the longest since they won in 83 of them going without a victory. Yikes!

I'm not one for vocals, but it was actually pretty cool. It was only about 10 seconds in a section where they weren't playing, and it fit perfectly. It was really not a big deal at all.

I really really like Cadets show from a musical standpoint and I like their visual package pretty well too, but I threw up in my mouth a little when I heard those vocals.