Atlanta Review

The talent level this year is better (imo) than it has been in the past couple of years.

I think the overall talent levels of all the Corps is up this year.

I think the overall talent levels of all the judges is zip this year.

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traditional? Wow...maybe if you never heard of drum corps until about 1993 or later. I still enjoy the activity, but it's virtually unrecognizable compared to drum corps of the 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s. So much has changed that it's a whole different activity. Much of it is great. Very impressive and entertaining. But vastly different. The only show out there this year that can even remotely be called traditional in any historical sense would be the Madison Scouts.

Well then it's incumbent on you, Lance, ereese, LSU GRAD 82 or someone to make an attempt at saying what it is that's so God awful different about many of the shows today. I have access to fan network and look at shows from different decades, and other than the hair styles (the ones you can see) and some color and uniform standouts, I just can't see the big difference. Electronics is obviously different but for the most part (to me) that just adds to the listenability. Drill formations, music, what??

Well then it's incumbent on you, Lance, ereese, LSU GRAD 82 or someone to make an attempt at saying what it is that's so God awful different about many of the shows today. I have access to fan network and look at shows from different decades, and other than the hair styles (the ones you can see) and some color and uniform standouts, I just can't see the big difference. Electronics is obviously different but for the most part (to me) that just adds to the listenability. Drill formations, music, what??

C'mon, this is too easy...

The horns...you know, the 2-valve (or later 3V) kind.

In G.

That look different.

Which meant switching BACK to the concert instruments we'd play during the week. Heaven forbid, professional musicians and educators came out of these hornlines -- gasp!

Is there any ibuprofen in the audience?

Your rite, you'd think they one.

But maybe this persen thought Bostons to or some thing lower.

hard to no.

O I C wut you did thar. :smile: