My first Big Loud and Live

So I've finally moved somewhere close enough to a participating theater to justify going to Big Loud and Live this year. What should I expect from the presentation and the crowd? I've heard that some theaters are packed. Is that universal, or are some places nearly empty? Do a lot of people go in and out? How's the video and audio quality? Are they showing the full HD resolution now that they're using HD cameras? What do they do during downtime and intermission? Ads? Classic shows? Is the editing terrible? What haven't I thought of? Should I just calm down and just find out for myself????

So many questions. You'll enjoy it... it's quarterfinals after all. I have been impressed with the video in the past, but not with the audio. Generally speaking, the theaters do not know how to put the sound up to the proper levels, or even adequate levels.

As for the content, it is the live feed from Quarterfinals beginning at 6:30, which should represent the top 15 corps live, with clips from the 8 at the bottom. I do not believe they are going to include any footage of Open Class corps from Tuesday's OC quarterfinals, which is unfortunate.

Phil

Go in early and ask the projectionist to turn up the volume, then when he turns his back..turn it up more! :smile:

ask for volume early, but remember, that may lead to a lot of thunderous goo

Go in early and ask the projectionist to turn up the volume, then when he turns his back..turn it up more! :smile:

Worked for me three years ago and it only cost me a drink for the kid!

I'd check with the evening manager in advance and find out how many have shown up in previous years. If it's crowded, get there early (sorry boss, I don't feel so good) and be close to the front of the line so you can sit up high if many are also there early. If it's cool out carry a light jacket with tight sleeves so you can bring in a couple of beers. If hot out, baggy pants with deep pockets. Don't hesitate to ask people to quiet down if the're giving a running commentary during a corps performance. Enjoy.

Edited by Ghost

If you don't have the people at the theater turn the bass down you will hear A LOT of synth bass to a point where you may want to just say to hell with it and leave.