Allentown

You know, I can give credit to this, For anyone who has the Finals 07 DVD's the music Effect judges does this a TON on Crown's and the other corps tapes

which is what should be done. i thought the scores were supposed to be on a points-earned system???

it seems some are just giving points for what they want.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh...you know one of them definitely was.

or what they wanted to see.

i was told by an instructor at a camp way back in the day that if a judge starts saying, "you need to do this...you should've done that" to discount their score. instead, they should be saying, "this is what you did well on and earned points for doing."

You're FULL of WIN my friend. It's not often people read deep enough into my posts that they see my coded messages :P AND, you're dead on with your statements. I'm sure one of those judges is still saying "you need to do this...you should've done that" on the tapes tonight.

all we gotta do is Prey to the Drum Corps gods (god of music, god of G-horns/b-flat horns etc) That Marie Czapinski is not judging in finals if not..OH boy

When will know the selections for judges

I don't think they do the draw for that until Monday. I'm pretty sure it was posted on Monday last year. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong on this please!?

all we gotta do is Prey to the Drum Corps gods (god of music, god of G-horns/b-flat horns etc) That Marie Czapinski is not judging in finals if not..OH boy

When will know the selections for judges

This is all going over my head. Can someone explain what exactly she did wrong. I keep reading about the comparison between PR and SCV. But didn't PR get a higher overall score tonight?

From what I have gathered (From looking at recaps and reading here)

She gave phatom a 17.7 GE score, The other Judge gave Phantom a 18.3

As well as a few of her scores being way outta wack with the other GE judge

I could be wrong, Be welcomed to correct me if I am

Edited by ohwiseone

This is all going over my head. Can someone explain what exactly she did wrong. I keep reading about the comparison between PR and SCV. But didn't PR get a higher overall score tonight?

How many pages back have you gone?

You're FULL of WIN my friend. It's not often people read deep enough into my posts that they see my coded messages :P AND, you're dead on with your statements. I'm sure one of those judges is still saying "you need to do this...you should've done that" on the tapes tonight.

lol. that's the first and last time someone on here will ever say that!

so, here's my bs hypothetical theory:

she's old as dirt and has overseen the development of the activity since the early years. she sees that things should be a certain way. always. it also seems as if she comes in behind other judges and "mother hens" them by fixing their judging mistakes. i can hear her saying, "no, clarkie, there's no way they deserve an 18.2 and someone needs to give my little jeffy's corps more points (he's her favorite)...don't worry, mother will fix it." (all in joan crawford's voice of course!)

How many pages back have you gone?

Quite a few. I am just a drum corps mom and I don't really get the way the scores work. But I did look at the recap and notice that there really isn't much difference between two judges in one category - except for the GE score for PR. What has PR normally been getting for GE visual?

Quite a few. I am just a drum corps mom and I don't really get the way the scores work. But I did look at the recap and notice that there really isn't much difference between two judges in one category - except for the GE score for PR. What has PR normally been getting for GE visual?

Make sure you EXPAND the GE captions. It's a double panel and the initial recap only shows the 2 judges averages. It's at the top left corner of the recap.