Would You Like To Hear Blue Devils Play Legend of the One Eyed Sailor

Would You Like To Hear It  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like To Hear This Years BD Play A Straight Up Version of Legend of the One Eyed Sailor

• Yes
    • No
    • OMG I Need To Change Underwear

Have iTunes, will travel. Nothing compares to the original. Honestly, if I was forced to, I would rather hear one of BD's lines from the 90's play it.

Didn't those 90s hornlines just sound so #### awesome?

Uggh! Revolution! No bass synth, singers, narrators, or band instruments! Bring the Bugles Back!

This has been a random dinosaur moment from a recently retired marcher. Remember, dilophosaurus spits venom at its prey, causing blindness and, eventually, paralysis. Spared no expense!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being something of a traditionalist I voted "yes". It's a bit like asking Drum Corps diehards if they would like to hear the Boston Crusaders play "Conquest". :lookaround:

'80 took it up a notch.

I would like to hear them play both Legend and Chase the Clouds Away with Bonnie (Ott) Thompson as a guest soloist.

I'd pay to hear it.

I never heard them do it at any of the Cali shows that year ...

I definitely remember hearing them play it at family day in '05.

Edited by MagicBobert

Legend OTOE Sailor is supposed to be the new ending BD is putting in. I have a friend who knows a guy who saw John Meehan once, and that's what he thinks.

I'm thinking it is the added part to their show which will get BD over the top this year.

Loaded question.

I would LOVE to hear BD play a fairly straightforward arrangment of "Legend of the One Eyed Sailor".

I would NOT LOVE to hear BD play a rearranged, piecemeal highlight backwards chopped arrangement of "Legend of the One Eyed Sailor".......as was done with Channel One Suite by BD in 2002.

So would you like to hear this years Blue Devils Horn Line Play A Striaght Up Version Legend of the One Eyed Sailor in a encore or such

At this point I'd settle for them doing a straight-up version of ANYTHING as opposed to their current style of brass arranging.

Channel One Suite!

-G