How long can staff with political pull run DCI?

It is shocking after viewing the shows at Allentown, that certain corps are being placed over others. I’d like to believe that it isn’t true, but it seems clear that the right corps aren’t being fully rewarded. I don’t know much about the music aspect, but if you look what is being asked from a visual standpoint including colorguard placements, the right corps are not being rewarded. It seems that we are heading for another year of a group being lifted up to their respective placement because of who they are and who instructs them. There are many colorguards that do more in the first few minutes than others winning the caption do the entire show. The DVD won’t lie.

Please do what is right and start rewarding the appropriate scores to the performers. Do what is right for the kids. I can’t believe that certain staffs have so much political power that the judging community is afraid that if they give the real scores they will be black listed for future DCI and or WGI judging opportunities.

Please note that there are several colorguards doing more than the top rated….you name it…several guards should be higher than they are. Do what is right for the performers before we are embarrassed one more year after we watch the DVDs. You aren’t growing the activity when you don’t acknowledge the shows or performers appropriately.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should list specifics...

Who do you think is being rewarded that shouldn't be?

Who do you think is not being rewarded relative to others? And what in particular within the performance do you think is not being rewarded? What exactly are they doing that the others are not doing?

And why do you think it's political and not just the opinion of the judges?

Maybe the judges see it the way they see it, and your favorites not being recognized to the degree you want them is frustrating you?

Edited by jaylogan

"And in first place, with a score of 99.20.....certain corps! :lookaround:

It is shocking after viewing the shows at Allentown, that certain corps are being placed over others. I’d like to believe that it isn’t true, but it seems clear that the right corps aren’t being fully rewarded. I don’t know much about the music aspect, but if you look what is being asked from a visual standpoint including colorguard placements, the right corps are not being rewarded. It seems that we are heading for another year of a group being lifted up to their respective placement because of who they are and who instructs them. There are many colorguards that do more in the first few minutes than others winning the caption do the entire show. The DVD won’t lie.

Please do what is right and start rewarding the appropriate scores to the performers. Do what is right for the kids. I can’t believe that certain staffs have so much political power that the judging community is afraid that if they give the real scores they will be black listed for future DCI and or WGI judging opportunities.

Please note that there are several colorguards doing more than the top rated….you name it…several guards should be higher than they are. Do what is right for the performers before we are embarrassed one more year after we watch the DVDs. You aren’t growing the activity when you don’t acknowledge the shows or performers appropriately.

Not bad for your first post. I have been saying this for two years. DCI is very political.

Fascinating.

Which corps would those be?

Aren't you paying attention......certain corps!

You should list specifics...

Who do you think is being rewarded that shouldn't be?

Who do you think is not being rewarded relative to others? And what in particular within the performance do you think is not being rewarded? What exactly are they doing that the others are not doing?

And why do you think it's political and not just the opinion of the judges?

Maybe the judges see it the way they see it, and your favorites not being recognized to the degree you want them is frustrating you?

I personally think the judges are doing a great job. It's a thankless and very difficult job. I get what you are saying, but the correct corps are currently where they should be, and the only unknown is whether or not they will hold those positions.

I think MOST people on this board would agree that in terms of performance, the Blue Devils are clearly the top unit. If there has been any debate at all (not counting the hate rants) it has more to do with judging visual and GE. Not all, but many folks would like to see a revamp of the criteria in those captions and how points are awarded.

But all that aside, I'd say the Blue Devils and Bluecoats are easily our top two performing units at the moment. BD to me is just amazingly WOW in regards to straight up performance levels!

Hope that helps.

I am thinking of colorguards that don't sit and do endless counts of drop spins on chairs (historically getting a perfect score when the show isn’t) when other guards explore every carve, plane, space ....you name it. I not even talking about a group doing hard work and not being clean. There are so many great groups not being placed in the right order. Hello!!!!! Did you see the audience sitting on their hands? Just follow what is being asked of a single guard person....verses another group.

Who is spinning....Bluecoats....Cadets.....Cavaliers….Scouts….Crown….Phantom…SCV.....Bo

ston.......PICK ONE!!!! .My God just watch what is being asked of the performers. I am not even behind one team winning….it is just too obviously obnoxious ……it is the elephant in the room……the fans know it….the staffs knows it…..and the judges know it. There are so many amazing groups with the kids killing themselves….and not being acknowledged.