Who would win based on pure entertainment value?

DCI 2010 Entertainment Champion  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win DCI 2010 based purely on Entertainment value?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • The Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cascades
    • The Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Jersey Surf
    • Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Teal Sound
    • Troopers

I think some people on here should really pay attention to how many votes the Blue Devils are receiving in this poll. Other than the Madison Scouts, so far more people BD is more entertaining than any other corps.

So many people come to DCP every day just to trash the Blue Devils. I've never seen so much hate for a single corps in all the years I have being following the activity. If you are one of these people... what do you make of these poll results? This isn't about who is best, but who is most entertaining. Do you all realize that the actual product BD has put out on the field this year entertains a significant portion of us DCPers more than any other corps?

(I know I'm repeating myself... but I'm trying to drive home a point.)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Madison gets tons of applause and people think they are entertaining.

BRAVO FOR THEM! They have re-established a magic brand that has worked

for them for decades.

But that doesn't mean that everyone else sucks and no one likes them.

Yeah, you really could not get any more different than our current top 2 vote-getters.

it

To be fair, I have. I think the 2006-2007 Cadets got it as bad, if not worse. (Especially the 2006 corps.)

Mike

it's approaching 07 levels. what's funny is this time it's more nationwide than regionalized like 07

I think some people on here should really pay attention to how many votes the Blue Devils are receiving in this poll. Other than the Madison Scouts, so far more people BD is more entertaining than any other corps.

So many people come to DCP every day just to trash the Blue Devils. I've never seen so much hate for a single corps in all the years I have being following the activity. If you are one of these people... what do you make of these poll results? This isn't about who is best, but who is most entertaining. Do you all realize that the actual product BD has put out on the field this year entertains a significant portion of us DCPers more than any other corps?

well. Norcal is more web savvy :thumbup:

I will say it again, BD's show, due to its unconventional nature is polarizing. Some people are just going

to be turned off by it. But there are many, including myself, who think this the show is the greatest thing

ever on a football field.

The problem is that many who hate it feel that it shouldn't exist, that we should change the judging system

to make sure it never happens again because it is hurting the activity.

In contrast, I have yet to see someone who likes BD's show say the same about conventional shows, like Madison's -

that they shouldn't exist for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

But I guess we've seen on DCP that BD might also have one of the most polarizing shows ever this summer, too. Look above - the folks that like it, *really* like it.

Mike

Agree one hundred percent.

As we saw in the other poll, less people like it than not like it on DCP. (I know, DCP is irrelevant, blah blah blah).

But the people who like it, many put it as their favorite show of the year.

So far in the poll, for " pure entertainment value", the Madison Scouts have more votes here on Monday afternoon than the Blue Devils, The Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, Carolina Crown... combined

COMBINED.

That's more votes than 5 out the 7 Corps of the self proclaimed G-7 " TOP ACTS " are getting... combined.

You really gotta love this stuff.

Yes.... but the G7 corps are ranked 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th.

And if you took Madison away I bet most of their votes would go to other G7 corps. I think part of the huge fascination with Madison this year is..... they are the Madison Scouts and they're "back". If they had been performing this type of show at this achievement level for the last few years, I don't think they would get the votes in this poll quite as easily. I'm not saying they still wouldn't be in 1st place... but probably by not this great a margin.

Also...... the Madison Scouts are a top act in DCI. It just so happens the idiotic G7 proposal was drafted at a time when they were "down." If Madison continues in this new (old) direction, then I bet in a few years when Hoppy tries to draft another G-whatever proposal he will try to include the Scouts as well. And I am pretty sure they would never agree to something like that.

So in conclusion, yes, it is wonderful that the Scouts are getting this much love...... it makes the G7 look more idiotic all the time.