Who would win based on pure entertainment value?

DCI 2010 Entertainment Champion  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win DCI 2010 based purely on Entertainment value?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • The Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cascades
    • The Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Jersey Surf
    • Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Teal Sound
    • Troopers

Pretty straight forward- who entertained you the most this year?

(just noticed I posted in wrong category- mod help me out? Thanks!)

In this order:

Madison Scouts

Blue Knights

Cadets

Crown

Academy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am surprised that BK has 0 right now, but I have a theory about that. In my opinion that had either the 2nd or 3rd best entertaining show this year (a what????), however their product design is loosely related to how Madison designed their show, for an entertainment factor, but with their own BK twist to it. Not sure how to explain it. Maybe it's because I have it in my head that Prime arranged both books and I'm connecting them weakly together because of that. I don't know.

But because Madison is doing it better than BK and their goals are the same (to be more entertaining than they have been) then Madison of course gets all of those votes.

I don't know if this made sense. I'm working on music and I'm tired.

I think some people on here should really pay attention to how many votes the Blue Devils are receiving in this poll. Other than the Madison Scouts, so far more people BD is more entertaining than any other corps.

So many people come to DCP every day just to trash the Blue Devils. I've never seen so much hate for a single corps in all the years I have being following the activity. If you are one of these people... what do you make of these poll results? This isn't about who is best, but who is most entertaining. Do you all realize that the actual product BD has put out on the field this year entertains a significant portion of us DCPers more than any other corps?

(I know I'm repeating myself... but I'm trying to drive home a point.)

or it means that BD has the 2nd most honks on DCP.

Also, you can't really judge overall popularity without a complete ranking... what if 25 (current BD votes) people have BD #1, but all the rest have them #23?

Edited by soccerguy315

Jim Moore is genius

Agree! :thumbup:

I'm going with Madison this year. The only corps that brought me to my feet this year several times during their show. Even though I love my beloved Crusaders...unfortunately from a sheer excitement standpoint Madison WINS hands-down IMO.

Anyone can fast forward to the end of the Madison Scouts show in Allentown on Fan Network and watch for themselves what the neutral fans of Allentown thought of the Scouts performance... then fast forward and listen to the Allentown fans response to the Blue Devils finish. It's all there. Nobody needs a poll of a couple of hundred DCP'ers. All across the Country the Madison Scouts have been well received. Sometimes the announcement of scores had to be held up so the appreciative fans could give them ANOTHER hand. Its not because the Madison Scouts are back in 10th place now from outside the top 12 as others on this thread said. That's rubbish. The Scouts never got this response when they did their show in 2008 and made finals. No... they are getting this great audience response from all parts of the country because tens of thousands of people in the national audiences really like their show this year. It's as simple as that.

Edited by BRASSO

I think some people on here should really pay attention to how many votes the Blue Devils are receiving in this poll. Other than the Madison Scouts, so far more people BD is more entertaining than any other corps.

So many people come to DCP every day just to trash the Blue Devils. I've never seen so much hate for a single corps in all the years I have being following the activity. If you are one of these people... what do you make of these poll results? This isn't about who is best, but who is most entertaining. Do you all realize that the actual product BD has put out on the field this year entertains a significant portion of us DCPers more than any other corps?

(I know I'm repeating myself... but I'm trying to drive home a point.)

I'm excited to head to Indy this year. From top to bottom, there are a lot of entertaining shows.

Anyway, back on topic, it doesn't surprise me in the least bit. At each show I've attended this year, the people around me seemed to generally like BD's show. It may not have been their favorite show of the evening, but they didn't appear to outright hate it like some have expressed on this forum. Not to dismiss other peoples opinions, but most of the trashing you're referring to in various threads here on the forum comes from the same individuals, over and over again.

I'd say Madison Scouts and The Cavaliers probably have the most crowd pleasing shows this year.

Edited by dcsnare93

or it means that BD has the 2nd most honks on DCP.

Also, you can't really judge overall popularity without a complete ranking... what if 25 (current BD votes) people have BD #1, but all the rest have them #23?

Well, I think BD is the most entertaining this year, and I'm certainly not a "honk". (If by honk you mean BD is my favorite corps year in and year out..... actually I was a little dissapointed in their show last year). And I really don't feel like I'm the only one in my position.... I can't be that special. :thumbup: