Who would win based on pure entertainment value?

DCI 2010 Entertainment Champion  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win DCI 2010 based purely on Entertainment value?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • The Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cascades
    • The Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Jersey Surf
    • Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Teal Sound
    • Troopers

Hands down, Madison Scouts!!!! :thumbup:

Yep! Madison above all others - honorable mention to Cavaliers and Boston!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say it again, BD's show, due to its unconventional nature is polarizing. Some people are just going

to be turned off by it. But there are many, including myself, who think this the show is the greatest thing

ever on a football field.

The problem is that many who hate it feel that it shouldn't exist, that we should change the judging system

to make sure it never happens again because it is hurting the activity.

In contrast, I have yet to see someone who likes BD's show say the same about conventional shows, like Madison's -

that they shouldn't exist for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

Perfectly stated on all points!

To be fair, I have. I think the 2006-2007 Cadets got it as bad, if not worse. (Especially the 2006 corps.)

Mike

I don't think so at all. The 2006-2007 shows amy have gotten worse responses at the actual shows but nothing like the hatred BD has this year.

It seemed on DCP, many almost felt "sorry" for those 06-07 Cadets corps and they were disappointed by certain design decisions made. But this year it is more pure anger (maybe because BD is stomping the field competitively). There is so much rage, not only at the Blue Devils, but at the judges and the judging system. Look how many people have come here and created an account just to dump on them.

I've mostly seen people who don't care for the BD show, along with overreacting responses. I saw pure hatred for Cadets.

Edited by jaylogan

I don't think so at all. The 2006-2007 shows amy have gotten worse responses at the actual shows but nothing like the hatred BD has this year.

It seemed on DCP, many almost felt "sorry" for those 06-07 Cadets corps and they were disappointed by certain design decisions made. But this year it is more pure anger (maybe because BD is stomping the field competitively). There is so much rage, not only at the Blue Devils, but at the judges and the judging system. Look how many people have come here and created an account just to dump on them.

No, there really was an amazing amount of hatred towards those Cadets corps. It wasn't pity - it was flat out mocking. I can't tell you how many posts / threads we had to remove about the "actors" of the '06 show, or about Hop in '07. (Actually, I probably *could* go back and search and tell you, but numbers aren't the point. :thumbup:)

Mike

I will say it again, BD's show, due to its unconventional nature is polarizing. Some people are just going

to be turned off by it. But there are many, including myself, who think this the show is the greatest thing

ever on a football field.

The problem is that many who hate it feel that it shouldn't exist, that we should change the judging system

to make sure it never happens again because it is hurting the activity.

In contrast, I have yet to see someone who likes BD's show say the same about conventional shows, like Madison's -

that they shouldn't exist for those who enjoy that sort of thing.

This is an excellent point.

It not like there is two sides here..... one which likes conventional shows.... one which likes deeper more artistic shows....... There are simply some people who like a greater variety in drum corps show design. I love Madison nearly as much as I love Blue Devils.... and nearly all the other corps as well.

I'm going with Madison this year. The only corps that brought me to my feet this year several times during their show. Even though I love my beloved Crusaders...unfortunately from a sheer excitement standpoint Madison WINS hands-down IMO.

No, there really was an amazing amount of hatred towards those Cadets corps. It wasn't pity - it was flat out mocking. I can't tell you how many posts / threads we had to remove about the "actors" of the '06 show, or about Hop in '07. (Actually, I probably *could* go back and search and tell you, but numbers aren't the point. :thumbup:)

Mike

Well, that's what I am talking about. The mocking...... maybe pity is a wrong word. They didn't seem to take the show seriously... and I equate that with not as much hatred.... or a different kind of hatred. Can you really hate an immature little kid? That is how it seemed people treated the Cadets. This year it seems people are treating the Blue Devils like they are con artists...... And I don't think so many people were scared that drum corps was going in that direction like they are with the Blue Devils. After all, those Cadets shows really were conventional shows with some controversial stuff thrown in. The Blue Devils show is much more fundamentally different.

I think that's exactly right. I have suggested that if BD was further down the rankings, their show would be much less an issue. But much like Star, this year's BD flys in the face of the norm. I find it overwhelmingly ironic that Star is performing at Semi's during a year of similar foaming at the mouth. I can just hear the Star Alum saying, "Hey BD, hang in there, they'll get it some day.....that's why we're here tonight!"