The Kids work hard, but I still don't like it.

I'm not sure if I want to respond to this one. I've been around drum corps for about 25 years personally both part of and as just a fan. Though I'm not necessarily happy with every change that has transpired over the years, I honestly don't think that the state of drum corps is as bad as you describe it here. Why can you just look for something to like instead of all this negative hate?

He's looking for a "junior" drum and bugle corps contest.

Anybody know where to find one???

Joe

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's looking for a "junior" drum and bugle corps contest.

Anybody know where to find one???

Joe

There's a pretty good one taking place in Indianapolis this weekend. If you've got the chance to go, take it.

Toomello... get over yourself. Guess what? Everyone thinks drum corps was better when 'in their day'... I can't stand watching drum corps from the 70s. It is incredibly boring. For me, it is too slow, lacking nuance, out of tune on horrible sounding bugles. But that's my opinion.

OP, What show were you at last night?

motorola-first_cell_phone.jpg

I sometimes wonder if there are cellphone forums where people wish that their mobile devices still looked like this. After all, it was so simple, anyone could figure out how to utilize all (one) of its features. :thumbup:

Edited by mobrien

I agree, they are boring, but for slightly different reasons. The musical arrangements lack a lot of flow to them - lots of long tones and hardly any movement.

The problem isn't amps, props, or show layout. I like how there's no predictable formula. The sole, big issue in all of this is how the music is written. There's nothing you can latch onto. Nothing you can remember. Look at Phantom's closer - how many moments are there like that this year? Very, very few.

You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking your opinion is that important.

Who's opinion on DCP IS all " that impotant " ?

Nobody's opinion is " more important " on DCP than anybody else's opinion.

That said, he marched with the Syracuse Brigadiers in 2003. They did the theme from Blue Devils " Tommy". Nothing against the Brigadiers doing something another Corps did, as a lot of Corps do this. But there can be no claim that the Brigadiers did anything new or fresh with that show, that's for sure.. They've also done some other shows over the years that bored me and I left when the Syracuse Brigadiers came on to go get something to eat, or stretch my legs. Some other years, I've enjoyed their shows. He's entitled to his opinion without acrimony. I see enough variety still in the line ups of Corps. He doesn't. But that's fine too.

Edited by BRASSO

...and I have read over and over the discussions pertaining to this topic.

Last night I went to my first DCI show in a long time and I was so excited to finally see one and I just hated it.

Your honor, I'd like to exclude Perspective Juror #TooMello from the Jury.

You read what you wanted, saw what you wanted, and now have posted what you wanted.

Garbage in = Garbage Out