The best thing about being a Star of Indiana Alumnus

Wednesday, August 11

The Star of Indiana Alumni Corps will be performing at the 10:00p DCI Hall of Fame ceremony at the Great Hall of Union Station.

In the belief that every corps enjoys an enthusiastic audience leading up to the big performance...

Thursday, August 12

9:00a-12:00p rehearse at Hummel Park

1500 S Center St., Plainfield IN 46168

ONLY if you aren't going to Quarterfinals for whatever reason... (You know I had to specify that.)

2:00p to 5:00p rehearsal at Hummel Park

8:00-9:00p two run-throughs of the show

Friday, August 13

8:00a-10:00a rehearsal at Hummel Park

1:00p-4:00p final rehearsal

10:15p performance at Semifinals

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does one get the webcast?

dci.thefannetwork.org

Click on live webcasts tab

It's 29.95 for the Semis webcast if you are not a Plus or Premium subscriber on the FN.

Edited by sax1210

Thanks Mike. I had a feeling they were going to be and would have been disappointed if they weren't.

Was there a webcast in 2008? If so, were we on it (i.e. CAC)?

Yes, there was a semifinals webcast in 2008, and yes CAC was indeed on it. I got to watch the performance from my couch in So Cal. Very cool show: loved it!! :tongue:

Saw the performance this afternoon...

...you guys are gonna love it. Not spoiling the surprise(s), but the show is awesome!

well, I wish Star was still around, even if the former members don't.

Who ever said we don't wish for the corps to still be around? All that bullethead said was he has "no regrets" the corps no longer exists as a junior corps. Count me in as one who definitely wishes (upon a Star) that the corps was still competing! :)

There are members performing with Star Alumni who were taught by Star alumni. They are considered "second generation Star" and were qualified for membership. Technically, that makes A LOT of people eligible, 2007 Colts hornline included; I wish I would've looked into it more. One of my friends who marched Blue Stars is marching with Star!

There are members performing with Star Alumni who were taught by Star alumni. They are considered "second generation Star" and were qualified for membership. Technically, that makes A LOT of people eligible, 2007 Colts hornline included; I wish I would've looked into it more. One of my friends who marched Blue Stars is marching with Star!

Yeah. I don't get it, but hey, that is the route that they chose. And at the cost of losing some actual Star alumni from the program.

Either way, I'm, sure 98% of the people in the stands on Friday will thoroughly enjoy it, as well they should.

Yes, there was a semifinals webcast in 2008, and yes CAC was indeed on it. I got to watch the performance from my couch in So Cal. Very cool show: loved it!! :lol:

Thanks for writing Doug.

Yeah. I don't get it, but hey, that is the route that they chose. And at the cost of losing some actual Star alumni from the program.

Either way, I'm, sure 98% of the people in the stands on Friday will thoroughly enjoy it, as well they should.

ok....no star alum was turned away....our young stars were asked when we knew our own was not able to commit! so many of my closest friends were not able to participate and are missed but it is great to feel the vibe of these fine young stars!