Star Alumni On Friday Night

It sounded like to me that when I listened to the most recent Field Pass that DCI had some new recordings of the upcoming Star show, my question is:

Will Tom Blair record this event? (Hopefully in HD)

Will they try to place it on the Finals dvd?

Will there maybe be a professional recording made available on CD (non field show)?

Will Star have a booth at Finals?

What is the total # they will be marching?

what are they playing - and will they still be using the 2 valve G horns that they used throughout their 9 years of existence

My questions is this...

What in the world does this exactly mean?

"“We have a full field production, so it’s going to be more than the corps moving and playing music,” said Star Alumni Project Manager Amber Sears. “There’s an audio-visual portion, we have props, it’s a full scale production. And we will be playing excerpts from all of the corps’ competitive years, from 1985 all the way through 1993.”"

That paragraph from the DCI website really intrigues me. More than just moving and playing music? Hmmmm... :tongue:

what are they playing - and will they still be using the 2 valve G horns that they used throughout their 9 years of existence

Here is what I think I know.

All new Yamaha equip.

Music:

An early years highlights medley

Dargason

Roman Images

Amber Waves

Medea

When You Wish ...

Edited by mingusmonk

My questions is this...

""We have a full field production, so it's going to be more than the corps moving and playing music," said Star Alumni Project Manager Amber Sears. "There's an audio-visual portion, we have props, it's a full scale production. And we will be playing excerpts from all of the corps' competitive years, from 1985 all the way through 1993.""

That paragraph from the DCI website really intrigues me. More than just moving and playing music? Hmmmm... :tongue:

Sounds to me like they might be part of next years world series with this kind of show.

I was told that Star Alumni is using Crown's nickel plated Bb's while Crown uses the gold plated this year.

My questions is this...

"“We have a full field production, so it’s going to be more than the corps moving and playing music,” said Star Alumni Project Manager Amber Sears. “There’s an audio-visual portion, we have props, it’s a full scale production. And we will be playing excerpts from all of the corps’ competitive years, from 1985 all the way through 1993.”"

I'm not going to ruin the surprise, but its a unique "take" on the traditional alumni corps performance. Cue cold chills!

I'm not going to ruin the surprise, but its a unique "take" on the traditional alumni corps performance. Cue cold chills!

This sounds intriguing!! :tongue: I hope they just blow the house down and set a new performance milestone again for alumni/reunion corps!!

All good questions being asked here, but my wish is to the Alumni and performers themselves:

What they have decided to do this year has more than likely not been easy for them financially, time-wise or working out the schedule with work/school/family, whatever. It get's harder and harder as you get older and older to physically do what we all used to do and to have the time to do it like we had when we were 21 and younger.

Just soak in all the excitement and the fun of it all Star alum's. My alunmi corps experience was very hard to manage, but I would not trade it for anything and it was absolutely the coolest thing i've done in many many years. I would do it all again in a second if I could for something like that.

Edited by GGarrett