Help Needed

If you decide to find something out of St. Louis on Sunday, I could give you a ride over and drop you at the airport if you'd like. Just payin it forward. :tongue:

Drive and borrow a couple of books on tape from your library. I just did my first LONG drive to Allentown, and listening to the book on tape makes is FLY by.

Drive and borrow a couple of books on tape from your library. I just did my first LONG drive to Allentown, and listening to the book on tape makes is FLY by.

Drum corps road trips helped me finish 6 out of 7 Harry Potter books.

A friend of mine is holding a couple of seats to Finals on Saturday, but finding a flight is rough and way expensive? I've tried all the websites anyone know a good travel agent/have good hookup for decent airfare?

Wes P

Try Travelocity's "Last Minute Deals". They include hotel accomodations, and I've found many times the total cost is less than the flight itself. In fact, I've booked them before and not even used the hotel portion. You may have to be flexible on flights, but it's better than getting hosed by the airline.

Oops. Just look at LastMinute.com. Sorry!

Edited by BDCorno

If you decide to find something out of St. Louis on Sunday, I could give you a ride over and drop you at the airport if you'd like. Just payin it forward. :tongue:

Thanks, that's one of the most generous offers and unselfish acts I have ever encountered, you're a real class act. I will decline only because I'm under a severe time crunch. Getting to Finals means that my wife and I have to be back by monday for teacher inservice and thus need direct flights or close to it. A little drive is ok though. Someone had asked why it is so expensive. I can get a single round trip airfare for around 400-600 dollars, but when you add two of us (my wife included) it jumps to well over 1000 dollars just to fly to Indy. Now I did see a one way fare special from Dallas for 151 dollars, but it's only going up to Indy and the return trip is 300 dollars per person. Plus Indy because of finals and kids going home has very limited flights with availability coming to Texas because all the corps students and staff are flying too. I may miss out this year, but I still have one last hope and a friend of mine is putting together a price quote from his business for me. i have checked all the last minute deals and the websites and it looks like even the best packaged deal is still over 1200-1300 dollars---YIKES---- :mat: I would be jumping on the amtrak or bus if time was not a concern, but being back by 7:00 AM Monday is a huge sticking point! Oh well, at least if I can't see finals I'll see Quarters and Semis. Thanks again to all of you giving advice and offering help and God Bless!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Thanks, that's one of the most generous offers and unselfish acts I have ever encountered, you're a real class act. I will decline only because I'm under a severe time crunch. Getting to Finals means that my wife and I have to be back by monday for teacher inservice and thus need direct flights or close to it. A little drive is ok though. Someone had asked why it is so expensive. I can get a single round trip airfare for around 400-600 dollars, but when you add two of us (my wife included) it jumps to well over 1000 dollars just to fly to Indy. Now I did see a one way fare special from Dallas for 151 dollars, but it's only going up to Indy and the return trip is 300 dollars per person. Plus Indy because of finals and kids going home has very limited flights with availability coming to Texas because all the corps students and staff are flying too. I may miss out this year, but I still have one last hope and a friend of mine is putting together a price quote from his business for me. i have checked all the last minute deals and the websites and it looks like even the best packaged deal is still over 1200-1300 dollars---YIKES---- :tongue: I would be jumping on the amtrak or bus if time was not a concern, but being back by 7:00 AM Monday is a huge sticking point! Oh well, at least if I can't see finals I'll see Quarters and Semis. Thanks again to all of you giving advice and offering help and God Bless!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

No problem! Figured I'd help if I could since I'm going that way Sunday regardless. St. Louis is about a 3 hour drive from Indy. I did see that there is an 8pm flight out of St. Louis that arrives in Dallas at 9:40 for $225. If you took the flight out of Dallas, I could definitely get you to St. Louis to get back to Dallas.

Anyhow, just an option, but I'm happy to help. Let me know if you change your mind!

I'm going to have to officially take back my offer of assistence. I will be in Indy, but unfortunately without my car. :tongue:

Thanks for the responses!! :tongue: I have looked at Chicago as well, but it's the same price as Indy. Southwest has a special for one way for 141 dollars, but it's still at the cheapest 800 bones to fly home. I will check tonight as someone suggested, and have looked at driving from Cincy/Louisville, St. Louis and Chicago so far. Looked at all the competitive websites I could think of- travelocity, orbitz, priceline, expedia, hotwire, cheapirlines, cheapoarilines, southwest, kayak. Anyone know of any others? Thanks again. Haven't been to finals since I marched in '98 and would love to get up there.

Wes P

get home? dude, worry about getting home AFTER finals LOL

or hitch a ride with a corps that is that area. I am old school, do they even still do that? I remember getting a ride home with the colts one year when they still had a bus that went back south after finals...