Blue Devils "B"

Are they that good? Can they rank in the top 15? Just asking.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they that good? Can they rank in the top 15? Just asking.

They're scoring 95-ish, I think, on Open sheets....that's typically around the 80 mark on Open sheets...and their size gives them a bit of an advantage (more to work with).

I'm thinking that 15 point buffer might be a little small for Open -> World class. It is (typically) a much larger jump than people like to acknowledge.

I think the best example, however, is Magic the year they won Div II and then made Div I finals (2002?)...that was the ONLY time I can remember a full-size corps did the same show on both sheets with in a couple of days. That was around a 15 point spread.

Anything else is speculation...at least until the Opens compete on the World sheets during quarters.

As we are talking about an Open class corps, moving to the Open Class forums.

Given the subject matter this was more appropriate in the WC forum IMO, but I suppose that is why you mods get paid the big bucks. :)

Sam I am with you. The 15 point spread you suggest is not too low from what I have seen. It is right in the ballpark. Back when Magic and other corps were moving between classes in the same season we had a lot of data points and I think you could argue that spread was somewhere between 12 and 18 pts. That would put BDB in the hunt for semis or better.

The Open Class sheets are different than they were when Magic won, and the tolerances are also a bit different. If anything, with the quality of this year's World Class factored in the the scores today on the low end, I'd put BDB around a 75 or so...just as a guess. I'd say that a 15 point difference would be on the low end. It's probably more in the 18-19 point range.

That being said, I think BDB would represent themselves very well in World Class, even with Open Class design.

Edited by Kamarag