Is it ok to "boo"

To Boo or Not to Boo  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's acceptable to boo?

• Yes
    • No

I don't care what you think about a corps, or their program.

It is NOT, under ANY circumstances, OK to boo the efforts of hard working kids who have busted their ##### off all summer and paid out of their own pockets to entertain YOU.

EVER!!!!

Unless they didn't entertain you. Look these kids know the reps of the Corps they join before they go in. They all know the likelyhood that the paying fans may not like their show. I'd rather get booed than get a golf clap. If they boo, at least I caused some kind of reaction from the audience.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the point I was trying to make...and everyone is so conveniently ignoring, is that both subsets include 18-22 year old "kids"

A college football team, however, does NOT include 14-17 year olds...drum corps-- even at the top level -- often does.

the point I was trying to make...and everyone is so conveniently ignoring, is that both subsets include 18-22 year old "kids"

this isn't about scholarships or money or future jobs...it's about people voicing their displeasure at a certain age group of individuals that have worked extremely hard for months to achieve something. When it's "sports" it's fine...when it's "art" it's not fine.

You point with respect to "kids" is taken. I used the word a lot in my earlier posts, but the reality for me is that your last sentence says it all. Yes, the type of activity matters tremendously and comparing drum corps to college athletics is ludicrous in my opinion. However, I can't say that I have ever boo'ed a college athlete either. However, at least at a football game if you want to boo the refs making a bad call it is crystal clear why you are boo'ing. Some argue that the performers know why we are boo'ing. I don't buy that. The worst I have ever witnessed it was in Denver (I think) at nats during the first year of electronics. I saw several corps boo'ed relentlessly because of their use of mic'd voice. Oh but don't worry, they know it is about the designers. Yeah right.

I won't boo. i yelled at a guy in Allentown who yelled stuff at the kids.

I'll do what many did Saturday and just get up and walk out

OK, if we want to crowd the opportunity to cheer each and every corps, and the kids to get some love, then lets bring back trooping the stands at the end of each performance. Maybe that's one old rule that we shouldn't have done away with.

:thumbup: A definite "YES!" to that! It's the Final moment of Glory and also a great way to pay respects to the other Corps AND the Fans who paid to see them. :thumbup: