DCI Attendance

Does anyone know what the attendance was for finals week? Was it smaller or larger than past years? Also, how did attendance at regional events compare to past years?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid Finals attendance was a little higher than last year, actual attendance looked quite a bit higher than last year.

Attendance for the Regionals by and large was higher than last year across the board.

Quarters did look small from watching it in on Big, Loud, and Live. Perhaps it's a function of having all those theaters broadcasting the event at a cheaper ticket price. In general, though I think Quarters always has fewer attendance.

know way to know til official numbers are released. and we;re still waiting for 08 and 09.

but remember total attendance is not the same as paid attendance

I will say that it was a lot harder to find a good ticket from a scalper this year.

I will say that it was a lot harder to find a good ticket from a scalper this year.

I bought perfect seats this year......about a week and half before Finals. DEAD CENTER 50 yard line, 440 Section. However...... I paid an arm and a leg and sold my soul and my first born to get them. Last year I had nary a problem getting a comparable seat for face value.

know way to know til official numbers are released. and we;re still waiting for 08 and 09.

but remember total attendance is not the same as paid attendance

We will not ever get an official numbers. It's not in DCI's interests to publish them.

What I can say is that the in house Friday and Saturday were very healthy crowds and Saturday morning, it looked like way more people than previously went to OC finals so that's also a good sign.

And Jeff is exactly spot on. Total attendance, like in the case of Montreal, and paid attendance (not tracked in those days) are always going to be different...just like in any sport, etc.

why is it not in DCI's interests to publish them?