SCV 2010 vs Star 1993

SCV 2010 vs Star 1993  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one.

• SCV 2010
    • Star 1993

Which show do you like better: SCV 2010 or Star 1993? I know the shows aren't completely the same, but they are very similar.

It's a hard choice for me, but I'd have to say SCV 2010 is my favorite. Now if we were just comparing closers, it would be Star '93 all the way!

Doing an all time great show by another corps is dangerous. It's going to draw comparisons, and they usually won't be in the new corps favor.

Seeing SCV '10 made me want to see Star '93. While SCV '10 was good, it is no Star '93.

I like waffles and SCV.

Edited by SFZFAN

Is this even a poll? You've got to be kidding me.

This...

Which show do you like better: SCV 2010 or Star 1993? I know the shows aren't completely the same, but they are very similar.

The only similarity I see is a common musical selection, and not even the main one. The primary works in the two shows were different. The design was wildly different. I'm kind of tired of comparing them.

That said, I voted SCV 2010. I think SCV 2010 is a more honest, less self-indulgent design, and has better music and more entertaining visuals. I think Star gets a lot of unconscious credit (from me, too! not slamming anyone) for it having been their last year.

Star '93 is the last time my jaw dropped for an entire package. I've been in awe of certain sections of corps in years since, and some moments of the whole corps in certain shows, but nothing has wowed me like that show, and I doubt anything ever will.