Victory Gig...BD 2010!

Do you really need to bash the other corps to praise the Blue Devils? And then complain when people say they don't understand what's so great about the video?

I don't think I "bashed" other corps at all. My point was, the BD crew is performing on a level that all other corps are striving to achieve (are they not? aside from one unexpected upset by a fraction of a tenth of a point, they've been near untouchable for four years running, and I'm talking entire seasons not just the final show), why SHOULDN'T they look to this performance level in order to enhance their own!?

Sorry you feel so negative about what I said though...my bad.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the professionalism here!!!

I'm thinking THIS, more than anything, will define how much (if any) this BD group will redefine DCI in future.

I hope that more corps will take on this sort of professional way of performing (and YES that includes waving to cameras and hyping the show etc...), these guys ARE "the big boys" and other corps should watch this and learn from it!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...4847&ref=mf

I absolutely agree with you on this front. BD sets the standard for media in DCI. This is an area where other corps need to step up, BIG time. Of course it takes more money to achieve.

I absolutely agree with you on this front. BD sets the standard for media in DCI. This is an area where other corps need to step up, BIG time. Of course it takes more money to achieve.

Oh Jeff, you basher you !! Think of the children, the CHILDREN !!!!!

G

Oh Jeff, you basher you !! Think of the children, the CHILDREN !!!!!

G

I calls its likes I sees its.... :tongue:

I'm all about equal opportunity bashing AND worship!

Even with the children! :tongue:

I will, however, not kick puppies.

Seriously, many other corps need to step up their game in this department. BD's media offerings and access should be the model to be emulated by others. I think it helps that the people doing this are in the Bay area, where creativity and technology synergies of this type are more common than most other places.

Edited by jjeffeory

I calls its likes I sees its.... :tongue:

I'm all about equal opportunity bashing AND worship!

Even with the children! :tongue:

I will, however, not kick puppies.

Seriously, many other corps need to step up their game in this department. BD's media offerings and access should be the model to be emulated by others. I think it helps that the people doing this are in the Bay area, where creativity and technology synergies of this type are more common than most other places.

I think that many in the U.S. Drum Corps community need to understand that there is a big world out there and America ain't the only one that digs Drum Corps. The Corps that are able to tap into that international interest will set themselves up for success for a long time. MediaBox is just a step in that direction.

I think that many in the U.S. Drum Corps community need to understand that there is a big world out there and America ain't the only one that digs Drum Corps. The Corps that are able to tap into that international interest will set themselves up for success for a long time. MediaBox is just a step in that direction.

Yes, this is very true. Globalization even has an effect on the drum corps world, and this is a way to do what Plan9 says.

Good one!

I love how yall bashed on Jason for a similar view a lot of people had... 'this is no different than what we saw (and, for many of us, didnt like) in their judged performance'

Also to say he shouldnt say it because its supposed to be a 'pro bd thread'? Get real. The topic to me seemed clearly baiting 'those who left', ie, those who werent fans of the show. What do you expect when you do that? Even if it werent, this is an open discussion board. You dont get to just define little kingdoms where a thread is 'sunshine and roses' for one group or another.

As for mediabox... maybe BD should stick with the fan network or work with other corps to improve its capabilities, as opposed to bailing on the fan network (that they themselves were part of selling!) and taking content that would typically be put up on there and putting it on their own service. It is much better for the activity to have a one stop shop for everything drum corps than to balkanize things.

Edited by AlexL

I love how yall bashed on Jason for a similar view a lot of people had... 'this is no different than what we saw (and, for many of us, didnt like) in their judged performance'

Also to say he shouldnt say it because its supposed to be a 'pro bd thread'? Get real. The topic to me seemed clearly baiting 'those who left', ie, those who werent fans of the show. What do you expect when you do that? Even if it werent, this is an open discussion board. You dont get to just define little kingdoms where a thread is 'sunshine and roses' for one group or another.

As for mediabox... maybe BD should stick with the fan network or work with other corps to improve its capabilities, as opposed to bailing on the fan network (that they themselves were part of selling!) and taking content that would typically be put up on there and putting it on their own service. It is much better for the activity to have a one stop shop for everything drum corps than to balkanize things.

Baiting? Who said you have to read the thread? And we're the touchy ones :tongue:

The encore video, or all videos for that matter don't seem to be showing up in HD for me. Is there a setting I'm supposed to change? The videos on media box should be the same quality as the facebook one right?

There will be an HD version for download from Mediabox in Sept. The Facebook preview and the Mediabox stream is from the same source. There are advance settings in the works but right now it's set for i-Phone playback.