Cadets Championship drought?

Yup, he's wanting to close the door since two more just got let in and there are a few more knocking.

You guys are too clever for me ... u keep figuring out my sinister moves ... :-)

There is no explaining ... so ... I am going to the mall, and for a run :-)

How did I get here ... must be a dream!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this would be a big NO! ... sorry.

George,

Just curious why Hindemuth would be a Big NO as you put it. Care to elaborate why you wouldn't choose to use his music? I marched 95 Bushwackers and our show (Mathis Der Mahler & Bernsteins Age of Anxiety) seemed very much like something that would fit right into the Cadets style. So I'm just interested on your reasons for dismissing this composers music.

I see what you did there... :tongue:

As far as the "drought" is concerned...pssht, whatever. The Cadets have plenty of titles and are one of the most consistent groups in the activity today.

Love him or hate him, Mr. Hopkins and crew keep finding ways to deliver a solid show while remaining true to their identity. Which, these days, doesn't happen too often.

Bring back Les Miserables. That was a great show and a killer drum line.

Edited by Madrid

I see what you did there... :tongue:

As far as the "drought" is concerned...pssht, whatever. The Cadets have plenty of titles and are one of the most consistent groups in the activity today.

Love him or hate him, Mr. Hopkins and crew keep finding ways to deliver a solid show while remaining true to their identity. Which, these days, doesn't happen too often.

Bring back Les Miserables. That was a great show and a killer drum line.

exactomundo

You guys are too clever for me ... u keep figuring out my sinister moves ... :-)

There is no explaining ... so ... I am going to the mall, and for a run :-)

How did you get here? By surfing upon the souls of us old timers. By bastardizing what drum corps used to be, and by not shaving before each competition. :tongue:

2007 was, as I and others have maintained, STILL one of the finest units ever fielded in drum corps history. And I maintain that it took 2007 BD to snag the Championship from 2007 Cadets. A little less energetic performance by BD and this thread doesn't exist.

2007 was a very good show for the Cadets but BD was clearly better that year winning quarters, semis and finals. The Cadets problem that year wasn't too much energy by the Blue Devils, it was too much narration by the Cadets. Get rid the annoying narration and that show could have won.

2007 was a very good show for the Cadets but BD was clearly better that year winning quarters, semis and finals. The Cadets problem that year wasn't too much energy by the Blue Devils, it was too much narration by the Cadets. Get rid the annoying narration and that show could have won.

That show's problem was static energy throughout; no ebb and flow.

Hey, how come no one has mentioned BD? I mean it's been what, 2 weeks since their last championship? Guys, I think they're the ones we need to worry about, I think they're heading in to some rough weather...

Yeah, it must be rough when a corps experiences a drought from winning DCI. I'm so sad about that. I mean, how many years without a title is concerning? Seven? Nine?

:thumbup:

How about NONE. Is NONE considered a drought? Those dang non-winning out of the G-7 PIA loser corps. I wish they'd all just go away and take their droughts with them.

Very well said. :tongue:

I'll chime in by (tongue-in-cheekedly) suggesting that Star's 2-year draught was clearly more than they could take.