No DCA Finals Post-Retreat/Parking Lot Run-Through

Which brings up the possibility of extra cost for stadium staff, doesn't it? Or are those fees inclusive of show day, regardless of start time?

Don't know. But it is one of many solutions to the problem of parking lot concerts.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know. But it is one of many solutions to the problem of parking lot concerts.

Not if it ends up costing money DCA doesn't have, however. No one would like ticket prices raised to offset any additional costs, not even if it was spread over every DCA show to minimize it (although $1 per ticket might be acceptable if it was made known that it was to be able to pay for the extra time so your idea could go forward)

Okay, folks.

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of corps that have policies that address members posting internal corps communication on the internet. I'm pretty sure that's what HBD is talking about.

Maybe it's time for everyone take a deep breath, relax, and think before posting on this topic. We're all drum corps people - a unique group to say the least. You don't stay in this activity for decades (5 of 'em for me) if you're not passionate about it. Sometimes passion can over-rule common courtesy and common sense. Let's not let something like this drive wedges between people and/or corps. We all need each other to keep the activity alive.

That is all. Good Night.

Again...DCA is NOT the only event to use the facility...so it's not "one loud weekend a year," and residents don't care how many dollars hit the city coffers if they have to deal with multiple events late at night when they're trying to sleep.

The Mayor's answerable to those who put him in office, not to a relatively small group of people who breeze in for "one loud weekend" from out of town/across the country.

The residents were there first...they have a voice and you are ignoring it....do you REALLY think this restriction came out of the blue and not as a result of local resident complaints?? Do you REALLY think this restriction only applies to DCA?

Frankly, I'd advise you to not go berserk...because it doesn't matter if you claim to represent only yourself, you'll end up speaking for the corps activity as a whole.

I don't think you want to be a factor if DCA has to leave Rochester, do you?

Actually it pretty much is the only loud weekend a year. The soccer tam that once used the field didn't pay it's bills. Thus the city took it over and the facility is used very little. The lack of concerts sticks, but as it always goes it only takes a few people to screw it up forevery one else. Rochester just took it to a new level.

Actually it pretty much is the only loud weekend a year. The soccer tam that once used the field didn't pay it's bills. Thus the city took it over and the facility is used very little. The lack of concerts sticks, but as it always goes it only takes a few people to screw it up forevery one else. Rochester just took it to a new level.

I stand corrected on that part then....however, the residents still have a valid concern. One weekend a year might be too much for them.

What you people dont understand is the initial post on this thread was WORD for WORD an OFFICIAL email sent to the DCA directors and business managers that was meant for DCA directors and business managers ONLY in regards to the ordinance passed down from the POLICE and the MAYORS office.
Please inform your members of this new directive before arriving in Rochester.

If I am reading this right,,, it sounds like DCA intended for the information to be shared with the corps membership anyways. It was bound to get out and find its way to DCP.

This will be my sixth year involved in DCA and in that time, for various reasons, I've never participated in or even seen any of these parking lot runs.

Apparently my DCA experience has been a complete waste of time and I didn't even know it. :thumbup:

You have missed out sir.

Many of the highlights of my DCA time spent have been in the parking lots after finals. You see a lot there. You get to see people that are playing for the very last time in their life and see it in their faces and in their tears. . You get to see the faces of the people you only get to see in uniform on the field. You get to see the staff relaxed and grooving to the music like it was the first time ever. You get to see the support staff hanging with their corps. Most of all you get drum corps IN YOUR FACE the way it it should be.

There were a couple of things that stand out above the rest.

One was watching Cozy Baker walk up to the Renegades Hornline in bussiness suit and play with the corps final run of the season in 06.

The other was sharing the parking lot with my son in 07. I had been talking to my son about the importance of the parkinglot concerts for years and after it was over he looked at me and said,,yeah dad,,,I get it!

The last of course was actually playing in the parking lot last year with CV. That last note on Georgia seemed like it lasted forever and man was it loud.

It truelly is a celebration of the season and in many cases a celebration of a members retirement. Its a tradition that needs to be honored.

Edited by camel lips

That is about the stupidest statement I have EVER read on here. I mean the stupidest. Are you even in drum corps? Have you ever marched?

BWAHAHAHAHAA

COME ON. NO I REALLY MEAN IT. COME ON.

Love the way some people around here know it all and yet show they know NOTHING. :thumbup: