Big Sounds at Reading

Good to share some time with you mon ami.....some big difference from 3 years ago, no????

Great review and on the mark with Shen Sound. Good night!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for ther review BigW.......appreciate the time and detail and observations.........Tom, Empire's show has to be their best in 6 or 7 years and it may be their best ever....it rocked the house and the audience was very appreciative....the scores reflected the closeness on that night...in that venue......next week will tell

Big W wrote...

"I frankly don't know how hard Empire can squeeze their orange and get any more drops out of it. I think they might have gotten all of the juice out of themselves and their program that they can humanly get."

That's why you aren't on a staff of a corps that has been in the Top 3 for the past 20 years. Go down the list of Empire's staff and count the rings (Empire and Brigs). They'll show up.

So will Grennies.....you obviously know this guy with credentials??? Seems to me he needs to be more than an armchair quarterback...seriously I don't know him from Adam...but he wears asbestos underwear..He should really judge cause he is very judgemental and yah I am flaming away......wow you know everything....anyway ..thanks for the advice...... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::tongue::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I for one really enjoyed the review

I wish more people just posted their honest opinions of what they thought - good or bad. I hate reading the "everyone was fantastic" reviews - because we all know it ain't true.

See ya all next week!

Mike

Grenadiers Guard designer 2010

Pretty insulting, Tom. Empire has a rep of getting the most out of their program. If anyone can find it, they will. I'd think if I had the right connections and a real 9-5 job, I just might suprise you in terms of what I might be able to offer the right corps in terms of instructional value if given the opportunity. I didn't earn my Grad degree in a vaccum. I didn't earn a Mus.Ed. degree from a box oif crackerjack. I earned it at West Chester (with honors, too) along with some fine people in the activity that also happen to come from there. Maybe I know more of what I'm talking about than your comments seem to indicate you think I do.

I'm really not into playing the "how big and long is my resume game" here with you, but I really don't appreciate your comment. Period. I've been involved in this activity for 36 years, with two degrees, educated people in music from pre-school to college age, performed in DCA for 6 seasons with a fine hornline, perform professionally with a good brass quintet, and have adjudicated for a quarter-century. I will not take your guff and your insult by sitting back.

Only took me five years to earn MY 5-year ring with a pretty fine horn line taught by fine people as well. I don't think you need to be as pushy and snide as you were to me. I *will* push back and won't take it.

Nevermind...

I'll take your word for it... You DON'T know how Empire will squeeze more juice out of their show.

But on behalf of all Rochestarians, we invite you ALL to come see for yourself.

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

seriously I don't know him from Adam

Hello, I'm Adam. Hope that helps :thumbup:

Pretty insulting, Tom. Empire has a rep of getting the most out of their program. If anyone can find it, they will. I'd think if I had the right connections and a real 9-5 job, I just might suprise you in terms of what I might be able to offer the right corps in terms of instructional value if given the opportunity. I didn't earn my Grad degree in a vaccum. I didn't earn a Mus.Ed. degree from a box oif crackerjack. I earned it at West Chester (with honors, too) along with some fine people in the activity that also happen to come from there. Maybe I know more of what I'm talking about than your comments seem to indicate you think I do.

I'm really not into playing the "how big and long is my resume game" here with you, but I really don't appreciate your comment. Period. I've been involved in this activity for 36 years, with two degrees, educated people in music from pre-school to college age, performed in DCA for 6 seasons with a fine hornline, perform professionally with a good brass quintet, and have adjudicated for a quarter-century. I will not take your guff and your insult by sitting back.

Only took me five years to earn MY 5-year ring with a pretty fine horn line taught by fine people as well. I don't think you need to be as pushy and snide as you were to me. I *will* push back and won't take it.

Appreciate the review, and I'm frankly embarrased to have someone like that defending empire on DCP. Rest assured there is plenty left in this show (as fun as the reading show was, there were dozens of things wrong with it, along with things left to add that we didnt have time to do this past weekend). If we dont win, it certainly wont be because of peaking early :thumbup:

Big W wrote...

"I frankly don't know how hard Empire can squeeze their orange and get any more drops out of it. I think they might have gotten all of the juice out of themselves and their program that they can humanly get."

That's why you aren't on a staff of a corps that has been in the Top 3 for the past 20 years. Go down the list of Empire's staff and count the rings (Empire and Brigs). They'll show up.

'Ya know Tom....sometimes I ask myself, "can anyone be any more ignorant"? Thanks for giving me my answer.

Edited by VOReason

Once again, Big W.... terrific review!!