SCV '88 or '89

88. not even a question and dead on about the drum break

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'88 for me. The '89 production seemed a bit forced with some overblown brass sections. The co-ed guard made more sense for the storyline as well in '88 and the silks that were used in the closer are to this day some of my all time favorites. And I personally thought Phantom put on a better show in '89.

I've always liked 89 better. I just felt like they did a better job with the design, and of course it's just an awesome show, very deserving of its score.

I think '88 was the better corps, and '89 the better show.

SCV got spectacularly hosed in '88, and, by all rights probably should have been the 2nd place corps in '89 (and would have been if a certain field perc. judge from Clifton, NJ, didn't dump Phantom that night.)

told the story better, I thought the show flowed more - and come on they made the whole corps disappear at the end. Well at least for a second everyone in the audience thought they did. You can hear the audible gasp on the recording and then the aww as they all realized how it was done.

this.

1988! That's the year they should have won (yeah, yeah, sticks and stones, sticks and stones all you Madison folk).

1989 was good; but there was a New World Symphony from Rockford that was far superior to the Andrew Lloyd Webber from Santa Clara.

Why you gotta be like that?

I marched Madison in '88, and I think SCV should have won too.

:rolleyes: