Disconnect between recaps and awards announced

Tonight, Fran announced that Bucs and MBI tied for high percussion, and MBI took brass.

The recaps show that MBI took high percussion outright, and Bucs, MBI, and Empire tied for brass.

I assume the recaps are correct? Why did Fran announce it differently?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been wondering that all night. I guess it will sort itself out over the next few days on DCP.

Did you manage to get a Kidsgrove T Shirt ?? Let me know - e-mail me at jjatstoke@aol.com with the size/quantity and I will see of they have any left on their return.

Cheers

John

doreen was awesome enough to snag one for me - if you have a large left i have a friend that may be interested . let me know and i'll contact them about price/shipping

We were wondering about this as well.

I know we won field brass at prelims by a couple tenths, and we won ensemble brass in finals by a tenth.

Either way, I had an awesome season. I loved it. Congratulation Bucs on #6!

you would be correct ... the caption awards were an average of the two nights

OK, so the logic of this escapes me.

Awards for Class A were changed away from Prelims to results from Finals only.

But, somehow Prelims for Open need to be taken into account for Awards at Finals?

All Prelims are used for is to say which corps make up the Top 10, and to stand in for Finals in case of an emergency (a la 1987). The corps that make Finals use Prelims as a chance for their final tweaks.

Using Prelims to help determine awards at Finals is like saying, "OK, now we'll use the results from Syracuse to help determine the awards at Scranton." Finals and Prelims are two different shows.

Unless you're in 11th, Prelims don't mean anything vis a vis Finals. Just like West Haven has nothing to do with Finals either.

OK, so the logic of this escapes me.

Awards for Class A were changed away from Prelims to results from Finals only.

But, somehow Prelims for Open need to be taken into account for Awards at Finals?

All Prelims are used for is to say which corps make up the Top 10, and to stand in for Finals in case of an emergency (a la 1987). The corps that make Finals use Prelims as a chance for their final tweaks.

Using Prelims to help determine awards at Finals is like saying, "OK, now we'll use the results from Syracuse to help determine the awards at Scranton." Finals and Prelims are two different shows.

Unless you're in 11th, Prelims don't mean anything vis a vis Finals. Just like West Haven has nothing to do with Finals either.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

you would be correct ... the caption awards were an average of the two nights

Is this something new?