Renegades

All the Renegades I spoke to were stunned by the placement. many of them have joked about saying FU to DCA next year and saving their money and going to DCUK instead. I seriously think they should do it because win/lose or Draw at least they will have a blast and not feel like they are getting their chain yanked by the powers that be.

For the love of god, they aren't getting their chains yanked. They are judged and treated like any other corps in DCA.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bitter,...........................bitter,............................party of one...............your table is ready,..................

Why is that bitter? Bitter would be to keep putting time and effort into DCA and to continue to get treated the way they do. I think DCUK is would be a great move for the Renegades and probably a helluva lot more fun than sucky Rochester which was a bag of ### this year. First off if you are gonna be freezing anyway do you want to do it in what is an essentially economically depressed slum called Rochester or visiting Europe? Secondly, a lot of people in DCA and in these forums feel like its OK to bad mouth the Gades, so what is the point? I mean if the Renegades have to go in the hole every year just to make it to DCA just to not be appreciated then they should just go to DCUK where they will still be in the hole, but have a lot more fun. Finally Gary you are simply just being a jerk , you see even though the Renegades were not happy about their placement they didnt throw a fit...They still had a good time and a good party, but many of them felt that placement was a punch in the gut and people like you justify by saying things like "Their hornline was tired" what the hell is that? It's crap is what it is.

So when they joke about sending DCA the finger and going to DCUK you call the bitter. Must be nice to sit on your pedastool and hand down such judgments.

All the Renegades I spoke to were stunned by the placement. many of them have joked about saying FU to DCA next year and saving their money and going to DCUK instead. I seriously think they should do it because win/lose or Draw at least they will have a blast and not feel like they are getting their chain yanked by the powers that be.

Do the members REALLY think they got "their chain yanked"?

We have not found one blog or post that validates your contention.

(And believe me, NanciD and I have been long-time fans/boosters, so we've looked!)

From what we've seen, they have taken it all in stride - with a more than the normal dose of humor as usual...

(Remember the boundary penality in Scranton?

"I am Sparticus!"

"No, *I* am Sparticus!"

Kinda like that...)

They may have been quieter online this year than in the past, but their head still seems firmly on their shoulders - and most here take "chain yanking" more seriously then they do...

From what we know of these guys, it's the performance not the score - and they still had a ham sandwich for the ride home!

Heh...

Methinks you should relax... it's just Drum Corps...

Did they actually watch their show and compare it to the other 9? :guinesssmilie:

Sorry if they didn't realize their hornline didn't bring a good show to the weekend.....It is what it is. They weren't all that and a bag of chips. Sorry if they think the placement sucks. It wasn't a good show. It happens. You take it, swallow it and move on to the following year. EVERYONE has been there at some point.

Why is that bitter? Bitter would be to keep putting time and effort into DCA and to continue to get treated the way they do. I think DCUK is would be a great move for the Renegades and probably a helluva lot more fun than sucky Rochester which was a bag of ### this year. First off if you are gonna be freezing anyway do you want to do it in what is an essentially economically depressed slum called Rochester or visiting Europe? Secondly, a lot of people in DCA and in these forums feel like its OK to bad mouth the Gades, so what is the point? I mean if the Renegades have to go in the hole every year just to make it to DCA just to not be appreciated then they should just go to DCUK where they will still be in the hole, but have a lot more fun. Finally Gary you are simply just being a jerk , you see even though the Renegades were not happy about their placement they didnt throw a fit...They still had a good time and a good party, but many of them felt that placement was a punch in the gut and people like you justify by saying things like "Their hornline was tired" what the hell is that? It's crap is what it is.

So when they joke about sending DCA the finger and going to DCUK you call the bitter. Must be nice to sit on your pedastool and hand down such judgments.

:guinesssmilie: WTF is a "pedastool"?

:music: WTF is a "pedastool"?

One of those tests you dread at the doctors?

:guinesssmilie:

Why is that bitter? Bitter would be to keep putting time and effort into DCA and to continue to get treated the way they do.

Do you think the Chieftains did it JUST for the placement/score!?

If so, you don't understand Senior Corps...

(Madison '95 was your only experience? If so, I'm sure Scott will be thrilled by your attitude here...)

Did they actually watch their show and compare it to the other 9? :guinesssmilie:

Sorry if they didn't realize their hornline didn't bring a good show to the weekend.....It is what it is. They weren't all that and a bag of chips. Sorry if they think the placement sucks. It wasn't a good show. It happens. You take it, swallow it and move on to the following year. EVERYONE has been there at some point.

Fine whatever....I hope they do...and even though they were just joking about it I hope they skip DCA next year and go to DCUK...

no great loss right?

Well thanks all for your comments. For us or against it doesn't matter to me. I had a fun time entertaining everyone and playing good music with my friends. As for 10th place: it is just a number that a group of people came up with and gave to us. I love being and will always be a Renegade no matter what placement we get. Come join us for Chineese New Year we will show you a GREAT time. 7

DCA send its judges across thew country for shows now. and if there was bias, MBI would be 5th, not 2nd, and Bush would not be 9th.

i'm in total agreement with ya Jeff. The bias claims are pure opinion of a few.