Renegades

Fine whatever....I hope they do...and even though they were just joking about it I hope they skip DCA next year and go to DCUK...

no great loss right?

No. That's where you are wrong. A bad night doesn't equal packing up your cookies and going somewhere else. It means fighting back and proving you still have it.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those tests you dread at the doctors?

:music:

:guinesssmilie:

during DCP's prelim play by play on Saturday, someone made the remark that the Renegades were a lot better than their "seed" score. I guess the person didn't know that that score was from mid-July!

And then there was another person that asked where Brig's were. And was serious!

Edited by FrankBeMe

<snip>

"I am Sparticus!"

"No, *I* am Sparticus!"

<snip>

Sounds like intro to old TV Show: "To Tell the Truth"

No Renegades I spoke to were angry - disappointed, yes. confused, yes. but angry? No.

Just for some perspective...

At the beginning of retreat they showed a video that had highlights of the whole week. Tons of corps were featured. I'm not sure if everyone was included (there were TONS of Bushwacker clips), but the Renegades were not. Not even one clip.

Couple that with a disappointing placement, and you can't help but feel a little bit like the kid at the party that isn't really welcome.

Again, I want to be perfectly clear - I spoke to MANY Renegades and no one was angry and no one spoke poorly of other corps.

Well we've all learned one thing here on DCP or on RAMD. One person doesn't necessarily reflect the opinions of an organization and its members, but it doesn't make them look very good. I'm no innocent one either, that is for sure!

:guinesssmilie: WTF is a "pedastool"?

To place your foot (PEDA) into horse doo-doo (STOOL) while the unit in a parade directly following the mounted unit

As in "Our base drummer finished the parade with a PEDASTOOL right in front of the reviewing stand....Oh, my"

At the beginning of retreat they showed a video that had highlights of the whole week. Tons of corps were featured. I'm not sure if everyone was included (there were TONS of Bushwacker clips), but the Renegades were not. Not even one clip.

For the record, The Bushwackers had absolutely nothing to do with the video production that was shown on the big screen.

Im not even sure if the company comes from the East coast, So lets not jump to the conclusion that this was some type of DCA masterminded plot to stick it to the "evil" ones from San Francisco one last time on Sunday evening. We have enough trouble getting that secret "screw the southern drumlines" meeting set up every September.

For the record, The Bushwackers had absolutely nothing to do with the video production that was shown on the big screen.

Im not even sure if the company comes from the East coast, So lets not jump to the conclusion that this was some type of DCA masterminded plot to stick it to the "evil" ones from San Francisco one last time on Sunday evening. We have enough trouble getting that secret "screw the southern drumlines" meeting set up every September.

To be fair, I heard Bushwackers placed a voodoo curse on the Renegades. Muhahahahaha. I kid, I kid.

I didn't mean to imply that Bush had anything to do with it - just pointing it out. (To head off the "there isn't time for every corps" arguement).

Again, this isn't whinning - but just trying to show why some people might feel the way they do. It's not fun to feel unwelcome. I'm not saying that anyone tried to make anyone feel unwelcome, but help explain why some might feel that way.

PS - I hope that the screw the southern drumline meeting gets moved to Chicago this year. I want some good pizza.

PS - I hope that the screw the southern drumline meeting gets moved to Chicago this year. I want some good pizza.

rumor has it being hosted at the Hawthorne AL post