Renegades

Which also has good pizza. :guinesssmilie:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, The Bushwackers had absolutely nothing to do with the video production that was shown on the big screen.

Im not even sure if the company comes from the East coast, So lets not jump to the conclusion that this was some type of DCA masterminded plot to stick it to the "evil" ones from San Francisco one last time on Sunday evening. We have enough trouble getting that secret "screw the southern drumlines" meeting set up every September.

The clip in question was masterfully done by new DCA Media Guru Mike Symonds. Box 5 productions had nothing to do with it. As for content, I - so far - have only seen bits on the jumbotron while I was organizing the trophies. Obviously there was no intent to slight anyone. If it should be correct that they did not catch Renegades, that's unfortunate. When I get a copy of the clip... I'll be glad to let you know. In the meantime, the clip will be used for numerous PR purposes and is just the beginning of the kind of modern services DCA should be able to provide to its corps - ALL of its corps.

The only conspiracy in DCA is one to help all corps survive and thrive.

No Renegades I spoke to were angry - disappointed, yes. confused, yes. but angry? No.

Just for some perspective...

At the beginning of retreat they showed a video that had highlights of the whole week. Tons of corps were featured. I'm not sure if everyone was included (there were TONS of Bushwacker clips), but the Renegades were not. Not even one clip.

Couple that with a disappointing placement, and you can't help but feel a little bit like the kid at the party that isn't really welcome.

Again, I want to be perfectly clear - I spoke to MANY Renegades and no one was angry and no one spoke poorly of other corps.

The renegades were really a great corps at full retreat met many of them while waiting to march on field just do your thing & have fun

treated the way they do? they are adored by the fans. the competition around the corps gets better every year, and this year's Renegades show and performance was not like 2003 or 2004 levels. Sorry if that offends, but it's the truth.

want to see people offended? How about those people trying to hear the anouncers while the corps tropped on for retreat blowing those #### vuvuzela's.

and this is from a guy who has always been one of the Renegades biggest fans.

Why is that bitter? Bitter would be to keep putting time and effort into DCA and to continue to get treated the way they do. I think DCUK is would be a great move for the Renegades and probably a helluva lot more fun than sucky Rochester which was a bag of ### this year. First off if you are gonna be freezing anyway do you want to do it in what is an essentially economically depressed slum called Rochester or visiting Europe? Secondly, a lot of people in DCA and in these forums feel like its OK to bad mouth the Gades, so what is the point? I mean if the Renegades have to go in the hole every year just to make it to DCA just to not be appreciated then they should just go to DCUK where they will still be in the hole, but have a lot more fun. Finally Gary you are simply just being a jerk , you see even though the Renegades were not happy about their placement they didnt throw a fit...They still had a good time and a good party, but many of them felt that placement was a punch in the gut and people like you justify by saying things like "Their hornline was tired" what the hell is that? It's crap is what it is.

So when they joke about sending DCA the finger and going to DCUK you call the bitter. Must be nice to sit on your pedastool and hand down such judgments.

Did they actually watch their show and compare it to the other 9? :guinesssmilie:

Sorry if they didn't realize their hornline didn't bring a good show to the weekend.....It is what it is. They weren't all that and a bag of chips. Sorry if they think the placement sucks. It wasn't a good show. It happens. You take it, swallow it and move on to the following year. EVERYONE has been there at some point.

Just to be clear here Liz, the Renegades are not on here complaining. The only two responses on here from Renegades are talking about having a good time and a number and placement doesn't mean anything to them. I wasn't able to make it out there with them this year but I know they had a great time and we are already talking about another fun year to come. :music:

Well we've all learned one thing here on DCP or on RAMD. One person doesn't necessarily reflect the opinions of an organization and its members, but it doesn't make them look very good. I'm no innocent one either, that is for sure!

You do know it wasn't a Renegade that started this thread so I am not sure who you think doesn't look very good. We are not complaining on here at all, we are just drinking a few beers and trying to get some good surfing in before the winter.

Whenever a drum corps vet watches a finals performance, he wants each corps to do their best because he knows what its like to walk off the field and feel like it wasnt the best. Last year at finals I felt bad for Hurcs and expected them to drop and they did. This year I felt the same for Renegades. I posted to fb that Bush would move up and R7 would move down 2 places immediately after their performances. So in answer to Rory, it wasnt East Coast bias, the East loves that corps and wants them to keep going. It wasnt because of rule breaking, I saw no breech of protocol and that is more of an image than a practice. Renegades dont need to be like MBI or anyone else to finish higher. There wasnt travesty, Bush & Vets were good too. Respect? not sure what to say... I respect your hardcore fanship for your corps. I was worried the performance wouldnt hold 8th and it didnt.

Come join us for Chineese New Year we will show you a GREAT time. 7

I'll be there. Got my plane reservation already. Stayin' at the Coventry Inn in the Market District where I always stay when I'm San Francisco. AND I'm coming out there on Thursday, Feb. 17th so I can attend TNT. :guinesssmilie:

rumor has it being hosted at the Hawthorne AL post

I'm sure it will be. As it probably was held there in the past. Like in 1951 just before the AL Nationals when former Caballero turned drum judge Vinny Mott "Just calls it like I sees it". And in 1966 just before AL Nats in Washington, D.C. when Doc Shranker (no relation to the former President of the NYC Teachers Union) developed a sudden twitch and placed 80 tics on his drum execution sheet. And once again just before the 1972 Schenactady (sp), N.Y. show when there was a miraculous one week recovery of what had been the Cabs dismal drumming execution score all season long. Just view the New York Skyliners history. It's all there. In one regard it's a good thing that the tic system WAS done away with. And believe me, this is no "sour grapes". Just adding to Mr. Morlot's sarcasm is all. :guinesssmilie: