Shows that just wouldnt be the same...

BennyASU

Yes....I loved Sky's version of West Side Story. Did you noticed the "blonde" and "black" hair effects? I was told if you were in the group with dark hair and you were a blonde, you had to dye your hair, vice versa for the dark haired kids.  b**bs

No way!

I did notice that, but didn't think anything about it...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes....I loved Sky's version of West Side Story. Did you noticed the "blonde" and "black" hair effects? I was told if you were in the group with dark hair and you were a blonde, you had to dye your hair, vice versa for the dark haired kids.  b**bs

No way!

I did notice that, but didn't think anything about it...

Also Spirit in the late 80s had their guard wear hair pieces. When I first saw it I thought they all just had long hair until one of the lady's drop her "rug" right on the 50! Glassmen did the same thing in 2000 and Star's guard did it the year their guard looked like "Tina Tuner." :huh:

I wondered where the "uniform hair" look came from...many of the color guards in Indiana were sporting the "hairpiece" look...specifically Northview High School, whose girls had their natural hair color, but had "hairpieces" that made each girl's hair the same length...pulled into a pony tail, with no bangs.

All I can say is, thank goodness we wore hats! No one could see my VERY tall forehead...I look HIDEOUS without bangs!

:huh:

I think in ANY show, it is important, and neccessay to have a guard that not only enhances, but like back in the day, accents what is goin on musically,........... just recently, a friend of mine and I sat down and watched the DVD's from back in my day, and in that short time, grew an appreciation for what our guard did in regards to accentuating our repitoire.

Edited by Blue Devil Legend

I think in ANY show, it is important, and neccessay to have a guard that not only enhances, but like back in the day, accents what is goin on musically,........... just recently, a friend of mine and I sat down and watched the DVD's from back in my day, and in that short time, grew an appreciation for what our guard did in regards to accentuating our repitoire.

unfortunatly BD puts it's Horn line and drill around their guard a bit too much sometimes. So now BD's hornline finds intself accentuating, the GUARDS reptioire....

Obviously no show would be the same, but i have a few shows that i just absolutely cannot picture without the guard. 

SCV 91 - wow, all of the different ideas and props they used to make this show come to life really blew me away (the rattan fans, the bamboo sticks, the giant red lanternish things in the closer), and some cool weapons work too.  They really brought this show to life.  I loved their uni's too

Benny,

1991 was my Niece's favorite year for the Guard uniforms. :)

I believe 'Carmen' was her least fav. :huh:

Colette marched 1986-1991. SCV Guard Captain 1990 & 91.

• 1 month later...

To take up for one of my favorite guards of all time.....the 93 Cadets...... someone earlier stated that they had a lot of drops in their finals performance...... who didnt? It was raining like h-e-double hockey sticks early on.... and they had an extremely hard book to perform, so you have to give it up for them. Running around at 10,000,000 miles an hour on a wet field and tossing a wet weapon is pretty tough.

Other Fav Guard shows include

94 Cadets

94 Cavaliers

94 Blue Devils (could have been cleaner though)

95 Cavaliers (won guard on finals night but didnt take home the trophy, we were robbed, ok yes i'm bitter)

2000 SCV HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!

2000 Blue Devils