DCA Improvements

was it prelims where they were doing post show recaps of the corps? I recall passing underneath the jumbotron as they replayed a snippet of our show - we almost forgot to keep moving!

outstanding work, folks!

Several members of my corps said they were so busy watching themselves that they got out of step marching off the field.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several members of my corps said they were so busy watching themselves that they got out of step marching off the field.

yeah we learned that the hard way in 96. the key is just dont watch the board

I enjoyed the clips on the Jumbotron; I wish they would add one feature, however...we sit in the lower level, due to the fact that some of our party have an aversion to heights. Because of this, we can't always see what corps are doing with their drill patterns. I would like to be able to look at the Jumbotron during the show to better see the design from the high cam angle. DCI does this at thier championships, and if I'm not mistaken, it was done on Sunday this past weekend for the Alumni show. The one drawback was the continuous ads for "Throw It Down", but that probably helped fund the whole endeavor.

As a spectator, I found it annoying. I just finished hearing the last chord live, I didn't want to hear them again over a pa system. I would have preferred some time to think about what I just saw and heard. Cue Jeff, Fran or Liz with contradicting arguments.

Sorry don't have a horse in this race.

As a spectator, I found it annoying. I just finished hearing the last chord live, I didn't want to hear them again over a pa system. I would have preferred some time to think about what I just saw and heard. Cue Jeff, Fran or Liz with contradicting arguments.

I can see your point. at times it did make it hard to hear the announcer. maybe line up the timing a little better. ( looking for a win win for both of us)

Well, the way I see it...

No Fans = No Participants.

Just sayin'.

Thinkin' about copyrights on Just sayin'. Just sayin'...............(kind of a Catch-all isn't it...?) Just when somebody wants to respond to a comment and yinz say..."just sayin' " there's that hesitation and.......... :dontgetit:

Count me in as a fan of both the video recaps (though I agree that they may have been started a little soon after the corps finished and a little more breathing space might be better) and the new retreat format.

Most of the performers I know simply do not have the affection or attachment to playing off as some people in this thread.

I can see your point. at times it did make it hard to hear the announcer. maybe line up the timing a little better. ( looking for a win win for both of us)

I'm not speaking for Mike or anyone else..... but given that this was the first year for all this stuff (we've had some video stuff in recent years but not to this extent) I would be reasonably sure that some adjustments will be made next year.

I know the crew made some adjustments from prelims to finals this year, based on feedback they had received.

I just hope that one of the adjustments for next year is not asking me to stay home. :dontgetit: