Regiment Staffing Issues...

Considering the issues that Plague Regiment who's available and a good fit for Percussion and Design?

Maybe they should look outside the norm. I still keep hearing Bret Kuhns name who I think would be a good fit, maybe they should look at a designer and a visual coordinator that are hungry to have an opportunity. Bluecoats have had great luck getting Micheal Geay who came from the judging ranks, same at SCV with Key, the secret is not the individual it is the team and the ability to let each aspect acheive.

I say find someone new for drill design. There are so many talented new designers out there. Ever since Gaines and Weber came on the scene, the level of design I've seen at high school shows has been stepped up HUGE, but I still see the same drill in most of the corps. What if Regiment put some sample numbers and the music from last year's opener online, and had open auditions for drill designer?

I say find someone new for drill design. There are so many talented new designers out there. Ever since Gaines and Weber came on the scene, the level of design I've seen at high school shows has been stepped up HUGE, but I still see the same drill in most of the corps. What if Regiment put some sample numbers and the music from last year's opener online, and had open auditions for drill designer?

Thinking outside the box, thats really a pretty good idea. Make it an online reality show letting everyone see whats been received, and select down to a few. Allow people to vote on their favorite design for a fee (fundraiser). The winner (chosen with PR having final say) gets a year contract for design. Could create tremendous interest. Could also push away some old schol designers who wouldnt want to risk losing.

I've seen some great designers on the Micro Marching League who look like they're itching to design for a real marching ensemble.

I'd love to write drill for a Corps some day. Don't know if I'm quite there yet, but I've

learned a ton about design on that website. Here are a few of my better designs. :)

http://micromarching.com/show/1rie/detroit-rock-city

http://micromarching.com/show/22n9/enchanted-highways

http://micromarching.com/show/22qp/birdland

Edited by madalumni

I received an email from Dan Farrell this afternoon. There ought to be a press release regarding the percussion staff in the next couple of days.

I received an email from Dan Farrell this afternoon. There ought to be a press release regarding the percussion staff in the next couple of days.

Tom Brace?

• Like 1

I've seen some great designers on the Micro Marching League who look like they're itching to design for a real marching ensemble.

Nothing like designing for a real group. Not even in the same ballpark.

Fun though.... but it takes me 10x's longer to write 30 pages in that vs Pyware. I stopped writing on it about 2 years ago.

There are many proven writers out there that Phantom can go after but the thing seems to be to find a big name that recently left a corps. Mitch Rogers fits that bill and has wrote at the top 6 level. Also, maybe getting a drill and guard person that has worked together might need to be the route they need to go.

Did I miss something - did Myron Rosander leave too? I think his drill was fantastic last year and I would hope he's there again this year

Later,

Mike