New Championships Week format

All I can think right now is I'll be blogging Quarterfinals from 9:00 a.m. until after 11:00 p.m., followed by the longest recaps analysis I've ever had to do.

Think of the Boo, folks! Oh, the humanity! (Isn't it supposed to be all about me?)

It so is! And reflecting that, you should go all G7 on their butts. Release a PowerPoint manifesto saying, "We Are The Show" [and I mean Boo using the Royal 'We'] and demanding ALL the money in tribute for your patience and sore fingers. No, not all the money from blogging, because that pays dogsquat, and not from tickets, because they'd just ashcan you, and not from the beer because even that would be greedy... just from the hot dogs, because that fits :laughing: even if you are vegetarian, and it would still pay pretty well.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They now have added incentive, especially since they have ownership of the idea. I'm interested in the possibilities and trust that what will be presented will be exciting and of the highest quality.

I don't " trust " people that meet behind my back, and behind closed doors in secret with a proposal that was never to be made public beyond the plotters behind those closed doors.

I wouldn't trust the folks booted off the DCI Board on anything at all if I'm a non G-7 Corps Director. But if others here want to " trust " these people on something they'll do, that's fine too.

Edited by BRASSO

One of the provisions of the "International Division" is that no North American corps gets displaced from advancing to semis or finals by an international corps. This provision has been in effect since at least 1991, when Phoenix Regiment made the A-60 finals cut and we had a 13-corps final round as a result.

You are correct, sir!

It so is! And reflecting that, you should go all G7 on their butts. Release a PowerPoint manifesto saying, "We Are The Show" [and I mean Boo using the Royal 'We'] and demanding ALL the money in tribute for your patience and sore fingers. No, not all the money from blogging, because that pays dogsquat, and not from tickets, because they'd just ashcan you, and not from the beer because even that would be greedy... just from the hot dogs, because that fits :tongue: even if you are vegetarian, and it would still pay pretty well.

I'd be cool with that. :laughing:

I don't " trust " people that meet behind my back, and behind closed doors in secret with a proposal that was never to be made public beyond the plotters behind those closed doors.

I wouldn't trust the folks booted off the DCI Board on anything at all if I'm a non G-7 Corps Director. But if others here want to " trust " these people on something they'll do, that's fine too.

I was stating that I trust the productions will be of the highest quality, and I have no reason to suspect that they wouldn't be.

I was stating that I trust the productions will be of the highest quality, and I have no reason to suspect that they wouldn't be.

I would " trust " that ( for example ) the 2011 Blue Devils production will be every bit as appealing to their target audience ( receiving the typical heads of college university music depts.imprimatur and seal of approval ) as last season.

Edited by BRASSO

Nice to see Open Class included in the main competition - sure can't hurt to try. Mike

There will DEFINITELY be some surprizes. I love it!

Edited by tnmaiello

As for the G8 shows, it seems to me that there has been a compromise of sorts that's been reached between DCI and those "evil" ones. Time will tell how it all plays out and if these shows will be successful or not in their task to reach a larger audience. But I still don't get quite get the vitriol towards them. Yes, I see the "elitist" angle, but a month ago we were all arguing who was better and how great these shows were. We were all talking these corps up, respective of our individual honk status. Praising the guard work. Marveling at the percussion lines. Being blown away by the brass.

perhaps you will find your answers in the world series of drum corps forum that DCP has hidden away.

were there compromises? yes... is this also the first step for the G7 to get what they want (killing off the other drum corps)? possibly.

perhaps you will find your answers in the world series of drum corps forum that DCP has hidden away.

were there compromises? yes... is this also the first step for the G7 to get what they want (killing off the other drum corps)? possibly.

:laughing: HuhWha??

that subforum is available at the top of the DCI World Class Corps Discussions Forum - definitely not hidden away, and very much active.

...unless I misunderstand what you are saying....it has been known to happen....