Troopers 2011

I can almost 100% guarantee there will be nothing to do with kittens. The aristocats thing was taken off of my 'aristocrats' joke (best explained in this film http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aristocrats_(film) )

I can almost 100% guarantee there will be nothing to do with kittens. The aristocats thing was taken off of my 'aristocrats' joke (best explained in this film http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aristocrats_(film) )

If The Troopers play " Aquarius " again....as well as they might perform it.... that won't do as a retro makeover either.

Good grief, are the show designers with The Troopers so incapable now of putting together a show, a theme, that fits with the look and feel of all that is unique, enobling, majestic, and freedom loving that is the frontier state of Wyoming ? If they come out with a show in 2011 that has the look and feel of anything that does not convey the sense of the wonder of the frontier, then in 2012 the Troopers might just as well come out play the theme from" The Mall Cop " as their show theme ,as it won't make any difference anymore, they'd be so far gone.

Edited by BRASSO

If The Troopers play " Aquarius " again....as well as they might perform it.... that won't do as a retro makeover either.

Good grief, are the show designers with The Troopers so incapable now of putting together a show, a theme, that fits with the look and feel of all that is unique, enobling, majestic, and freedom loving that is the frontier state of Wyoming ? If they come out with a show in 2011 that has the look and feel of anything that does not convey the sense of the wonder of the frontier, then in 2012 the Troopers might just as well come out play the theme from" The Mall Cop " as their show theme ,as it won't make any difference anymore, they'd be so far gone.

i happen to like the look and tradition of the Troopers, with that said...nothing lasts forever and many times shouldn't, maybe it's just time to move on and do what it takes to survive in 2011..................maybe not ........seems to be their choice as it should be.

And for my blunt assessment... for what it's worth.... if the reports are true that The Troopers might do a show design revolving around the cutsy " Aristocats ", then in my humble opinion.... " This ain't it "

They aren't... it was a joke.

I doubt that The Troopers are going retro either. Their new design team is going to go any direction but retro.

Let's wait to see what is actually announced before we trash them based on one poster's speculation.

Not necessarily completely in line with the original topic, but I couldn't find the "staff changes" thread, so I'm putting it in the next most relevant thread.

2011 Staff:

Music Director: Ralph Hardimon

Program Consultant: Gordon Henderson

Program Coordinator / Brass Arranger: Dean Westman

Percussion Arranger: David Reeves

Percussion Consultant: Jeff Queen

Visual Design: Mitch Rogers

Visual Coordinator: Dan Wiles

Percussion Caption Head: Kevin Welborn

Brass Caption Head: Kyle Thompson

Guard Caption Head: Karen Prince

Visual Caption Head: Nick Benson

Now, I feel like this isn't a completely updated list, considering it's an exact copy of last years staff, but this is directly from the Troopers' website. It's also a change from their site saying that the 2011 staff would be announced soon, so I can't help but believe this is the staff.

Not necessarily completely in line with the original topic, but I couldn't find the "staff changes" thread, so I'm putting it in the next most relevant thread.

2011 Staff:

Music Director: Ralph Hardimon

Program Consultant: Gordon Henderson

Program Coordinator / Brass Arranger: Dean Westman

Percussion Arranger: David Reeves

Percussion Consultant: Jeff Queen

Visual Design: Mitch Rogers

Visual Coordinator: Dan Wiles

Percussion Caption Head: Kevin Welborn

Brass Caption Head: Kyle Thompson

Guard Caption Head: Karen Prince

Visual Caption Head: Nick Benson

Now, I feel like this isn't a completely updated list, considering it's an exact copy of last years staff, but this is directly from the Troopers' website. It's also a change from their site saying that the 2011 staff would be announced soon, so I can't help but believe this is the staff.

Don't go by the website. Last years staff page has been up and down three times that I know of since Mitch Rogers announced on his facebook (five weeks ago now) that he was out and the rest of the design staff followed. It appears that the members found out through facebook as well. Evidently, if you want to follow Troop, you gotta have facebook?

Don't go by the website. Last years staff page has been up and down three times that I know of since Mitch Rogers announced on his facebook (five weeks ago now) that he was out and the rest of the design staff followed. It appears that the members found out through facebook as well. Evidently, if you want to follow Troop, you gotta have facebook?

I didn't want to say anything, but I do know of individual brass staff members that aren't going back, but are still listed.

I truly hope Dean stays. He was one of the main reasons I went back there.

The website is as up to date as possible - although I will admit now that a small problem with FTP transfers was uploading old copies of page files for the last 3 weeks - that problem went unnoticed. Thats' been cleaned up.

Caption heads remain from last season - no new staff listing or updates have been provided by Fred Morris - yet. As soon as he releases the info - the site will be updated.