1981 Finals Video

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if I missed the answer somewhere in this thread, but why was there video from prelims and not finals?
Finals in 81 were in Montreal, and there were problems getting clearances for PBS to tape/broadcast from Canada. Instead, PBS broadcast DCI Midwest--the Scouts won.

Wow. I have the 84 albums. Haven't had a record player in years though!!

Me neither. I haven't counted my drum corps related LPs yet. I bought albums of music that drum corps did. My neighbour had her computer rigged to digitize her albums. She moved back to Montreal in 2009 to be with family after she retired. We lost track. Our director from long ago told me last year that he was upset 'cause he had a 33 1/3 rpm recording with the sleeve but no album. Oh no! I'll try to send his wife an email that I found one of the 1968 missing 33 1/3 album corps repetoire on facebook last week :-)

Finals in 81 were in Montreal, and there were problems getting clearances for PBS to tape/broadcast from Canada. Instead, PBS broadcast DCI Midwest--the Scouts won.

I knew that. Still don't understand why videos from prelims are out there, but not finals.

Hey Chris,

Do you know of anyone that has a copy of the 1981 LI Kingsmen prelim video?

I didn't realize prelims were video recorded and am hoping that I could get a video of our performance. I wonder how it will look compared to how I remember it, this could be a scary realization.

I have an audio recording but it not of the Ken Kobald quality, sounds like it was from the stands with the background voices, but I am glad just to have that.

If anyone knows where I could get prelim videos of 1981 I would greatly appreciate.

Now, Chris, if we could find video of our High School marching band, Brentwood's Green Machine from that era I'd be a happy man.

I always say the kids of today are raised like royalty, they have everything professional recorded on CD's and DVD's. I am jealous.

Sorry, that's my dinosaur moment (As I stand on the front lawn shaking my fist).

Hey ChrisP.

The only prelims video I know of for Prelims was shot from the stands by what I was told was a 27th Lancers staffer. It isn't authorized or DCI approved video. As far as I know there is NO authorized DCI vids of 1981 DCI Prelims OR Finals. :devil:

Hey ChrisP.

The only prelims video I know of for Prelims was shot from the stands by what I was told was a 27th Lancers staffer. It isn't authorized or DCI approved video. As far as I know there is NO authorized DCI vids of 1981 DCI Prelims OR Finals. :devil:

Thanks. Didn't know that.