1981 Finals Video

I guess the real loser in not having any video of 1981 other than DCI Midwest would be the Freelancers.

Does anyone know if they had any professional video done that year?

I really enjoyed their return to finals show that year with You Are the Sunshine of My Life, I Get Crazy, Malaga and (of course) Even Now.

See now that is another reason I'd like the Prelims\Semi-Finals audio (at a minimum) as I am interested in their 13th, 14th, and 19th place shows preceding 1981.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the real loser in not having any video of 1981 other than DCI Midwest would be the Freelancers.

I really enjoyed their return to finals show that year with You Are the Sunshine of My Life, I Get Crazy, Malaga and (of course) Even Now.

See now that is another reason I'd like the Prelims\Semi-Finals audio (at a minimum) as I am interested in their 13th, 14th, and 19th place shows preceding 1981.

I saw their 81 DCI Prelims performance on that "video site that shall not be named"

1980 Freelancers placed 19th at Birmingham, but they also placed in the top 12 at DCI East Finals which was taped and televised on the East coast and copies do exist.

If only we can get DCI to "Fan network" those regional shows.

There is video from Bham of Freelancers from1980.

1980 Freelancers placed 19th at Birmingham, but they also placed in the top 12 at DCI East Finals which was taped and televised on the East coast and copies do exist.

If only we can get DCI to "Fan network" those regional shows.

1980 Freelancers are also on that "video sight no to be named"

Ok so I am a little off topic here but not way way too far...

Pacific Procession 1983 was at San Jose State University... It was televised by a local station... KNTV? KTVU? KTEH? something like that... These stations are for the most part out of business... Does anyone have a copy of this show or does anyone have any idea where to start looking?

Ok so I am a little off topic here but not way way too far...

Pacific Procession 1983 was at San Jose State University... It was televised by a local station... KNTV? KTVU? KTEH? something like that... These stations are for the most part out of business... Does anyone have a copy of this show or does anyone have any idea where to start looking?

Hey there--archivist here. I would start inquiring with university archives, historical societies and currently active TV stations in the same areas where the TV stations were located. I'd be willing to be that one of these archives probably acquired the TV stations' A/V collection when they went out of business. Also, check with the state library or with the California State Archives--either may be able to point you in the right direction.

(And if you locate the footage, let me know--I wouldn't mind seeing it myself.)

Hey there--archivist here. I would start inquiring with university archives, historical societies and currently active TV stations in the same areas where the TV stations were located. I'd be willing to be that one of these archives probably acquired the TV stations' A/V collection when they went out of business. Also, check with the state library or with the California State Archives--either may be able to point you in the right direction.

(And if you locate the footage, let me know--I wouldn't mind seeing it myself.)

Found the scores from that show:

Blue Devils 74.95

Santa Clara 74.00

Freelancers 64.85

Crossmen 58.20

Sky Ryders 57.35

Valley Fever 56.65

Troopers 52.65

Velvet Knights 48.00

San Jose Raiders 41.30