2010 CDs

Does anyone elses CD have a skipping noise at 1:49 in the Bluecoats' show? It's almost as if the track didn't burn correctly. Everything else sounds fantastic.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone elses CD have a skipping noise at 1:49 in the Bluecoats' show? It's almost as if the track didn't burn correctly. Everything else sounds fantastic.

Yup, I heard it too... sounds like a splice that didn't turn out perfectly the way it was intended. Wonder if they used semis or quarters because of an error or something at finals, and then spliced it in (with unfortunate results). Good ears!

I also got two copies. I didn't order two and I did not get billed for two. Odd.

Wanna donate to a poor college student that just wants to hear his finals performance? :laughing:

Edited by crashhelmi36

Yup, I heard it too... sounds like a splice that didn't turn out perfectly the way it was intended. Wonder if they used semis or quarters because of an error or something at finals, and then spliced it in (with unfortunate results). Good ears!

doubtful. They would have caught/fixed that in a heartbeat

Yeah thats definitely not a splice. It must have been a disc burn error

you can send it to me :laughing:

I also got two copies. I didn't order two and I did not get billed for two. Odd.

Ordered one, recieved one.

I have the same error on the Bluecoats track. Shame. Perhaps DCI will consider a re-issue of the disc as they did in '98 when they sped up all the shows to fit the discs.

I generally consider these recordings to be quite good considering the circumstances. In some cases I almost wish the audience mics were turned up a bit, everyone sounds a mile away.

Thunderous goo isn't much of a problem for me but I tend to keep my EQ light on the bass anyway. If played on my computer speakers the sub-woofer goes nuts in a few places, but I think the over-goo'd corps WANT to have that effect, otherwise they wouldn't purposely drown out their tubas. I'm trying to remember which corps it was - I think it was Phantom - who had a low-level goo that seemed very well balanced to me.

When I was in high school I used to flip the 'Bass Boost' switch on my walkman during the choice hits (try it with '93 Cadets!), and Thunderous Goo has a similar effect. Sometimes I like it, other times I roll my eyes. Depends on the moment.

Edited by Chris Rohn