Best drum corps video I've ever seen

Gino: "Unique brass sound"

"A brass instrument is one of those unique instruments that you can feel what the person is feeling. I always say to them: what you're feeling the audience is feeling. And that's exactly what it's like to stand in front of 72 great musicians: you feel their love for the instrument; you feel their love for the drum corps and their love to perform. So imagine me being so lucky, being able to stand in the middle of that, and feeling all that passion, and that's exactly it: you're just a part of this wonderful energy that there's nothing like."

Guard girl didn't hit herself. Back of her hand touched her chin.

No, her right hand is at least six inches below her chin and her left hand is at least six inches above her head. But no, she didn't actually hit herself with her pole, as I jokingly intimated -- it just looks that way because her eyes close just as the pole reaches the level of her forehead.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gino: "Unique brass sound"

Guard girl didn't hit herself. Back of her hand touched her chin.

She stopped the flag pole at exactly the angle she was supposed to. I'm amazed at 2:35 - 2:50 wow and thanks for 6:15 - 6:34. Brenda and I spent alot of time there. We even missed breakfast one morning. Ha. It was a beautiful park, a little humid but when the corps warmed up, I forgot all about the heat :-)

Wonderful! FHNSAB! My 2nd favorite Jr. Corps of all "Eras".

Now this makes me wanna change my birth certificate and march 2011. Cadets All-Access has always had the greatest videos, and they just keep getting better and better.

FHNSAB....

GO G7! Wanna beat someone? Crush their spirit!

GO G7! Wanna beat someone? Crush their spirit!

LOL! Had to laugh at this, although I totally get what you're saying.

But I think you're pulling it out of context and besmirtching an otherwise excellent video.

His point to the MMs was that their spirit would determine the level of their excellence, not that they should crush the other corps' MMs spirit. LOL!

And if you wanted to be really controversial you would have said that BD crushes the spirit of every other corps member because BD wins all the time. Although Big Bad Bari might come at you with daggers you might be closer to the truth.

But this activity has always been about elevating one's own spirit, not crushing others'

I think it's safe to say that the kids in that video speak most clearly of their spirit, not an instructor trying to make a point and (possibly) using a bad example.

Sorry so long, as I'm sure you were just kidding, right? Still looking for that sarcasm emoticon, right?

Ehh..kinda kidding. Cadets are great at what they do, the kids are top performers, that video is great. The whole G7 thing stinks so bad and has left such a bad taste in my mouth for this corps (and the others). I get the example in the video of crushing an opponents spirit. The Cadets are crushing my spirit and the well produced video doesn't help how I see them anymore.