Corps Meal

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were promised steak and all the trimmings if we made top 25 in 1988 (after scoring a 27 in the middle of June), and so we did. Best meal I ever had, not just the food, but the circumstances.

Maybe someday I'll tell you about the Halfsies in 1983 or the Ham Sandwich Chronicles of 1984. Actually I think I did the Ham story already.

To me and me only the greatest innovation in our activity is the food truck and how well the young people are fed at their camps and on the road. They no longer have to worry where their next meal is going to come from. They no longer have to learn the art of dine and ditch. :worthy:

When I marched with the Glassmen from 74-76 our dues were $75.00 a year plus $1.00 a rehearsal for instructors. We practiced 3 times a week. Many of us did not have a lot of money and there were at least 5 family's that had two or more siblings marching at the same time. Believe it or not, many of us could not pay the $75.00 dues. One family who had 3 siblings marching donated a hog in lieu of dues.

If you ask the Glassmen Alum from the 1986 drum line they will tell you the best food they ever ate was the pizza they had delivered to them on the field at retreat. They tried to share with the drum lines around them.

We are celebrating our 50th this year. And these are just 2 of the many stories that make us the Glassmen Family.

Dean

If you ask the Glassmen Alum from the 1986 drum line they will tell you the best food they ever ate was the pizza they had delivered to them on the field at retreat. They tried to share with the drum lines around them.

Dean

We were at that show - funniest thing I ever saw. Couldn't believe they had a pizza delivered at retreat. we were all jealous cause we wanted some, although we couldn't admit it at the time.

We were at that show - funniest thing I ever saw. Couldn't believe they had a pizza delivered at retreat. we were all jealous cause we wanted some, although we couldn't admit it at the time.

This type of thing is what Drum and Bugle Corps is all about! Great Story!!!!! :worthy:

This type of thing is what Drum and Bugle Corps is all about! Great Story!!!!! :smile:

Of course when I was told this story I had to ask what the Corps Dir's reaction was. So here is the rest of the story.

The year was 1986, this was the first year of Dan Acheson tenure with the Glassmen and they asked him if they could do this. Of course he said yes. Why, because Dan knew they would not do this and no pizza place would deliver pizza's right on the field when all Corps were at retreat. After the deed was done Dan was a little upset until he was reminded that he did say yes.

The music for Dan's first Show was:

This could be the start of something big

Coconut Champagne

Misty

Everything's coming up Roses (from Gypsy)

That year we finished 31st at DCI

Dean

Edited by IntheMood

Finals week in Miami (83) - Dave Tippet's famous chili. Couldn't tell if I was sweating from the heat or the chili.

Yo Deb, Vanguard Meat Loaf!!

:smile: