Blue Devils tunes from the past

You know as well as I do that we could find photos of the crowd going wild at dozens of shows from virtually any year in DCI history, from 1972 right up through 2010.

Alright, 2005. Go.

I think they'd go bananas for the 2010 show (which I think is one of the most fantastic programs ever put on the field). But that's my opinion. Your opinion may be different, but that doesn't make mine any less valid.

Peace,

Fred O.

well 82 to 10, no question 82 would win. but from like 04 out, well maybe

I'd rather have them do something new than regurgitate to please a few people stuck in the past.

It takes some real delusions to think that new fans and potential marchers will be turned on by pep band tunes and middle school staple pieces.

It takes some real delusions to think that new fans and potential marchers will be turned on by pep band tunes and middle school staple pieces.

Who claimed that?

Who claimed that?

Stop being reasonable. A reply along the lines of "It takes some real delusions to think that new fans and potential marchers will be turned on by obscure tunes they'd never have on their iPods and pretentious wannabe music snob staples." Keeps from confusing them unduly.

Who claimed that?

Many unreasonable people.

The great thing about dci to me is that as often as corps try new things that don't work, they can also take so-called "obscure pieces that nobody has on their ipods" and turn them into something a lot of marching-music types like.

It's sad that so many people who hate just about everything about dci nowadays spend so much time thinking and talking about it. Pathological even.

For the record, I doubt I'll be around by 2022. I'm not a fan of woodwinds/electronics in marching ensembles or wgi at all in respect to their entertainment value, and the trend right now seems to be morphing dci into that. I think it will probably help dci survive, but I won't be around when it does. I'll always be a fan of what it does for the lives of the kids who participate though.

If I could hear BD do a rehash of particular music, I'd want what they did in 91, 93, 95, or 00. Probably won't happen, though.