Academys Future...

The corps went to once a month camps last year I believe. With a few extra rehearsals sprinkled in here and there.

If most of your membership is local, why not do weekly rehearsals rather than overnight camps? Unless they want to tap into national talent.

well kids may have commitments to school, jobs, indoor etc.

If most of your membership is local, why not do weekly rehearsals rather than overnight camps? Unless they want to tap into national talent.

Does being in Arizona give Academy more time for visual rehearsal? They don't have snow from November to April like other places. How do other corps manage it? Are there large indoor facilities in other places?

Does being in Arizona give Academy more time for visual rehearsal? They don't have snow from November to April like other places. How do other corps manage it? Are there large indoor facilities in other places?

I'm not sure why you'd post this response. I was asking a legitimate question. It seems to me that with higher local membership than almost any other World Class corps, they could use that situation to their advantage.

Get happy.

:tongue:

During the DEC/JAN/FEB/MAR/APRL the Academy has ONE weekend camp each month,

they start froday evening, all day saturday, then go till 6:00 on sunday.

there are a few brass/percussion sessions in between too

the out of town kids stay with local families

I'm not sure why you'd post this response. I was asking a legitimate question. It seems to me that with higher local membership than almost any other World Class corps, they could use that situation to their advantage.

Get happy.

:sleeping:

Get happy.

:sleeping:

I don't understand. Maybe I don't understand the point. You mentioned weeknight rehearsals and I would guess the location of this corps would allow better use of limited rehearsal time as compared to other more cold climate centered corps.

I don't understand. Maybe I don't understand the point. You mentioned weeknight rehearsals and I would guess the location of this corps would allow better use of limited rehearsal time as compared to other more cold climate centered corps.

I never mentioned weeknight rehearsals. It would seem that the corps would be in a position to do more than monthly camps because of their high local membership. I don't think climate has any bearing on it - they might be able to learn drill earlier in their camp schedule but there are plenty of indoor facilities that accomodate drum corps. I'm not sure how the climate plays into it except that it's nicer to be outside than inside if you can help it.

What day of the week is "Froday?"

They named a day after Frodo Baggins, didn't you hear? :sleeping: