Quick thoughts on new hires at Colts

I am surprised to read most of this. As the Glassmen staff used to say, know what you are talkin about or don't say a thing. Saying people were fired or let go is very different from them choosing to leave. Seems that all the people in question here left on their own accord. What I know of Colts and their last seven or so years, Jude was very responsible for many of their best years, including those when Mr. Hunt wrote the drill. It is not as if they have been tenth or ninth for years and just recently started this in and out of finals thing, or were put there by these guys. How members are teated is often evaluated differently. Experience and maturity go a long way for how member sthink they are being treated. Some corps get all they can out of members in a very supportive positive and healthy was, some corps are famous for babying members. Some members like being pushed to their full potential and really know what that means. Some think they are being pushed to their full potential and they are not, they just think the staff is mean. Some say they want to be good, but still would rather take four hours off when there is work to be done and go to Dairy Queen.

I've always been a fan of Jude's work, but a visual program alone does not make a successful show

I really don't want this to turn into bashing of anyone. I just wanted to know about the new staff members at Colts. Whether a staff member leaves or is fired..it really doesn't matter. Both Jude and Jeremy found a great home with Spirit of Atlanta and from what I've heard, the kids enjoyed their presence.

Get some!

I really don't want this to turn into bashing of anyone. I just wanted to know about the new staff members at Colts. Whether a staff member leaves or is fired..it really doesn't matter. Both Jude and Jeremy found a great home with Spirit of Atlanta and from what I've heard, the kids enjoyed their presence.

Get some!

I had another response prepared but I feel as though you said it best. Sometimes great instructors and great corps members simply don't vibe quite as well as they should or have in the past. Like every corps, the Colts work hard and make the best of what they are given year in and year out, on the field and off. I trust Greg's judgment, a sentiment that was echoed earlier.

Sounds like the Colts have good things going for them. Best of luck!

I'm not sure why Brett left the corps, but I have to agree that when Jeremy and Jude resigned, it was probably the best move for the Colts. Maybe the Colts wanted to go in a new direction and those two didn't, who knows. I'm wondering if Max is still going to be touring with Colts or if he resigned and they hired Rich in place of him. When I said core in an earlier post, I meant Greg, Mike, the Tomsa's (Although I'm not sure if Carla is still working with Colorguard), Stephanie Furniss, and Ray are still there. It could be they are having issue with retention but Colts are a classy organization and would never air that publicly.

I usually don't post on the forum, but just so there is no gossip LOL. I resigned from the Colts to spend a summer home with my newborn daughter :). She was born on Aug 1st of last season. I left tour on July 4th of last season to make sure I didn't miss her birth and returned prelims day. I still have many dear friends at the Colts that I know will do a great job this upcoming season. The Colts are a great organization, and I wish them best of luck to this upcoming DCI season!

Max Mullinix

Edited by maxm

• 2 months later...

I had another response prepared but I feel as though you said it best. Sometimes great instructors and great corps members simply don't vibe quite as well as they should or have in the past. Like every corps, the Colts work hard and make the best of what they are given year in and year out, on the field and off. I trust Greg's judgment, a sentiment that was echoed earlier.

Sounds like the Colts have good things going for them. Best of luck!

Thats what I think also, best of luck in 2011. Bring it!