Great musicians teaching drum corps

I'm trying to compile a list of people who teach drum corps that are also successful musicians (outside of the marching arts).

I know about Sam Pilafian, Pat Sheridan, J.D. Shaw....and that's about the extent of my list right now. Does anyone know any other "big names" that teach brass playing in drum corps that would be respected outside of just the marching arts arena? I'm thinking people who are in orchestras or teach college level or were in military bands....professional musicians, in other words.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Al Chez (Cheznovich) - trumpet with the David Letterman Orchestra

Joey Pero - professional trumpeter phenom www.joeypero.com - just returned from an Australian tour

not sure if she's currently on a DC staff, but Raquel Rodriguez is a professor of trumpet.

Dr. Brian Tinkel (Cavaliers, percussion caption head) is a Professor of Percussion at Mars Hill College and has played in many groups over the years.

Mike McIntosh (Cavaliers, percussion coordinator I believe) has basically made a career out of designing shows and composing.

Murray Gusseck (Former SCV Caption Head, Current Academy drum staff) and Jim Casella (Former SCV and Cavaliers arranger) created Tapspace, an excellent source of original compositions that darn near every percussionist I know uses. Both have compositions for sale through the website.

Ian Grom (Electronics Consultant for the Cadets, Design Consultant for Academy) is a gigging musician who has played on TV and movie soundtracks. He also does nothing but compose and teach for a living. He, along with John Mapes, started Box-Six.com which is an awesome resource for marching and indoor shows for people who simply do not have the time or money to design their own.

Dr. Chip Crotts (Caption Head at Spirit 06-07, Phantom 08, currently on BD staff, 10-present) marched Phantom and as soloist at BD, taught trumpet and jazz at JSU and currently teaches at Samford University. Chip is also a Yamaha Trumpet Artist and former trumpet with Maynard Ferguson, Natalie Cole, Ray Charles , Manhattan Transfer and The Temptations. 1st call player for many national tours and recording groups in the Southeast and has recorded for the Disney Company in the US and Europe. Super guy and great player and teacher!

Dr. Ray Vasquez (Cation Head at Blue Stars, Spirit and currently Colts) - marched Phantom, DCI I & E Trumpet winner, 1991, former Professor of Trumpet at Auburn University, Edwards Trumpet Artist, recorded and performed with the North Texas One O' Clock, Minnesota Symphony, Minnesota Ballet, OJ's,Barry Manilow, etc. Another quality dude and great player and teacher!

Edited by trumpetcam