After 2017....

San Diego- Qualcomm Stadium.

May not be around by then- the Chargers have been pushing for a new stadium for a couple years and there are always rumors that they might move to LA as well. Plus "The Jack" was originally built as a baseball stadium, so there'll be a mile or so of distance between the seats and the sideline:

3217264764_f210ed83b3_b.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spartan Stadium, Michigan State University.

In the early 90's DCI set up a multiple year plan for where Finals would be held. By the schedule they released then, Finals would have been held at Spartan Stadium in 1996. I can't remember how quickly the plan fell apart after it was announced, but it obviously never happened.

I live in San Diego, actually North Park, right off the 805 directly across from The Q.

Weather is better than perfect and the city is set up to accommodate a large event like this. We host Comic Con every year and The US Open in 2008. I've worked both events and everyone I spoke with was very pleased with the experience.

Finals will never come to San Diego because it makes to much sense. Oh, and I'm forgetting that every east coast corps that has been around for a million years still can't afford to make the trip over here.

I'm surprised DCI has done as well as it has considering they do next to nothing to expand their product and cater to the east.

Ready-Set-Go for all of you that love to call people TROLLS

P.S. The Chargers ain't going anywhere. Oceanside is building a minor league ball park, not going after The Bolts anymore.

May not be around by then- the Chargers have been pushing for a new stadium for a couple years and there are always rumors that they might move to LA as well. Plus "The Jack" was originally built as a baseball stadium, so there'll be a mile or so of distance between the seats and the sideline:

3217264764_f210ed83b3_b.jpg

The way the stadium is built reminds me of LOS. Anything above the 400s is like a deaf spot....

I'd like a stadium similar to Rose Bowl where the press box was only 100 feet above the ground, so you have this gradual slope from the ground to the press box. My main reason: SOUND.

Not really. Well, yes.

1)Madison Scouts 85 but actually any of the other years (actually, just about any year period)

2)Blue Knights

3)Magic of Orlando

4)503 Hornets

5)Star of Pasadena (May not actually be a real corps)

6)Spirit of Buffalo (Absolutely not a real corps)

I would put 27th Alumni corps in there, but, you know, not a competitive corps. Please, please tell me that any corps has been as popular in their hometown as Madison was in 1985. Short answer, one of many, many really good reasons to have finals in Madison every year until we all die and the rocks melt with the sun.

Madison 99

Also, what about Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, SC if South Carolina finally decides to get rid of the Confederate Flag on the Statehouse Grounds

Denver.... great stadium.... beautiful setting. Lots of Hotels. I went on priceline and only paid $40 a night and stayed downtown at the Adam's Mark hotel. Then rode the light rail to the stadium for 2004 Championships.

Edited by musclebud

Madison 99

Good...but I'd disagree based on how they placed and the fact that 85 was the first year in Madison. But even assuming you're correct it doesn't exactly disprove my point.

Madison.

Camp Randall.

Jump Around.

Jump Around.

Jump up, jump up and get down.

EOS.