How does this community feel about fielding cymbals?

Apples and oranges. Snare drummers do a lot more complicated stuff than what cymbal players do, and they also play A LOT more notes than cymbal players, am I right?

Snares play notes?????

cause you are assuming playing snare because you have "more notes" is much harder than playing cymbals.

I'm not assuming anything. I've seen it. In my opinion, snare players do things that are more complicated than what cymbals do, and in your opinion, cymbals do things more complicated than what snare players do. So maybe we're both ignorant.

I'm not assuming anything. I've seen it. In my opinion, snare players do things that are more complicated than what cymbals do, and in your opinion, cymbals do things more complicated than what snare players do. So maybe we're both ignorant.

I have not said that. In my opinion cymbal playing is just as hard, im sure you would find it very difficult.

I have not said that. In my opinion cymbal playing is just as hard, im sure you would find it very difficult.

Of course I would find it hard. I'm not a percussionist and I've never played cymbals. I'm sure I'd find walking hard if I'd never done it before either.

Edited by 2000Cadet

That has no bearing on it whatsoever. Don't resort to fallacies, man.

lol

1205712582630.jpg

No - you took a pot shot that had no relation to the argument. This is not about whether he could or could not play cymbals with ease. You used a blatant argumentative fallacy - and you just did so again.

No - you took a pot shot that had no relation to the argument. This is not about whether he could or could not play cymbals with ease. You used a blatant argumentative fallacy - and you just did so again.

It was only in response to what i had taken as him calling cymbals easy nothing else chillout. the picture just has to do with the vibe from the majority of his posts :sleeping:

It was only in response to what i had taken as him calling cymbals easy nothing else chillout. the picture just has to do with the vibe from the majority of his posts :sleeping:

Well I wasn't trolling for a response. I was simply stating my opinion. The OP asked how people felt about fielding cymbals. I told you guys how I felt.

Well I wasn't trolling for a response. I was simply stating my opinion. The OP asked how people felt about fielding cymbals. I told you guys how I felt.

Yes and i appreciate it =D

just a few posts came off as trolling to me my bad.